Pulling Historical Data

HBS91
Hi!

I need to pull historical data EOD from the KITE API's. Need I set a redirect URL or postback url even for these? I will manually execute my orders.
  • rakeshr
    @HBS91
    You need to subscribe to add-on Historical APIs and can be fetched from same access_token , you don't need any different redirect URL.Go through this documentation to better idea.
  • HBS91
    I am open to subscribing to the Historical API.

But is the data adjusted for splits and bonuses? And do I need to store the data on my end?
  • rakeshr
    @HBS91
    Historical data Post-2010 is corporate adjusted for splits and bonus.
  • HBS91
    1 - Do I ned to store the data on my end and keep appending daily?
    2 - When there are splits and adjustments, how long does it take for you to modify the data?
  • rakeshr
    @HBS91
    1.No,you can use Historical APIs and fetch historical data for any period.
    2. Generally, it's done over coming weekends.
  • HBS91
    And does the universe contains BSE EQ, NSE EQ, NSE FO, NSE CDS & MCX?
  • rakeshr
    @HBS91
    Yes,we have historical data for BSE EQ, NSE EQ, NSE FO, NSE CDS & MCX.
  • vijoeyz
    @rakeshr
    "You need to subscribe to add-on Historical APIs ..."

1. While creating a new App, will there be an option to specify the App would be for historical data?

2. Historical data app cannot be bought without live data app. Then, what is validity period of historical data app? Does it end with live data app? For example, I buy live data app on 1st of then month, and I buy another app for historical data on, say, 5th. When will historical app expire? On 5th?
  • sujith
    Hi @vijoeyz,
    Historical data subscription is an add-on subscription which can only be availed after a successful base subscription.
    Once you create a Kite Connect app, you can go to the app details page wherein on the right side you can find the add-on historical data subscription details.
    The historical data subscription is valid for 30 days from the date of subscription. But you will need an active base subscription to use the historical data since access token is the auth token for fetching the details, which can be generated only if you have a valid base subscription.