Historical data date range

Sid_2019
Hi,

I'm a developer interested in using the Kite API services. I'm a bit confused regarding the 2 segments that I can see in the forums. So please answer the following questions:

1. What constitutes as Historical data? If I'm using the API say on today (Feb 12, 2019), will Feb 11th's equity prices be part of Historical data??

Please give me a proper date range whose data will be considered 'Historical'.

2. Scenario: What if I record the streamed data of 1 month using my API subscription in my own database, and then use it to do my analysis from next month onward, I will be paying only 2000 (for API usage).. correct?

• rakeshr
    @Sid_2019
    1. What constitutes as Historical data? If I'm using the API say on today (Feb 12, 2019), will Feb 11th's equity prices be part of Historical data??
    Yes, you can get Historical data till previous minute formed candle.You can go through this document about Historical Candle APIs.
  • Sid_2019
    Thanks Rakeshr!
    So then if I don't want to pay extra 2000, I can use my strategy to save the live stream to my own DB, and access it later right ?
  • sujith
    Yes, you can generate candles at your end with the live feeds provided via Websockets.