Use streaming data for public use

gully
Hi,

Let me explain the rationale behind this. My idea is to use streaming data for my PERSONAL charting tool. I feel that Kite WEBUI is missing lot of other features which if I can get hold of the streaming data I can display on the chart. Now One way to achieve this is tradingview library. I really thing that currently this is the best web charting platform out there. However I have to give a public offering of the charts,I cannot use privately. Therefore I would ask if I can use the streaming data to use tradingview charting tool and use it. I donot have any other option to use tradingview charts. Unfortunately they allow limited data for Indian exchanges.
  • Vivek
    @gully We don't have any restrictions of using Kite connect apis as long it is used privately.
  • Kailash
    @gully As long as you're the only person viewing the data, it's fine.
  • gully
    @Kailash if I have to use tradingview charts I have to open the charts to public.Even I donot want to do that but its a catch 22 situation. :(
    -Any plans from you guys to use tradingview library ?
    -Any plans to integrate with tradingview charts as a broker? I mean you guys already have APIs so why not?
  • Kailash
    Yeah, it indeed is. These are the regulations though.

We're actually in talks with Tradingview for a complete integration.
  • gully
    @Kailash that is a good news..If only tradingview gives fno data!!
  • rayi
    @Kailash any update on this? Are you guys teaming up with tradingview? Or the idea is shelved? Been quite some time
  • sujith
    Hi,
    You can download tradingview(they have a free license) and integrate Kite Connect for personal use.
    Live streaming data can't be given as public data as there are regulations around it.
  • rjv17
    @sujith: Sorry for digging up some old post, could you please explain this in more detail.

I am subscribed to historical as well as live data and completely automated my strategy(in python) to take live orders. I want to use tradingview's charting library to see my trades that were generated during backtest. This would help me rectify any problem that is still there in my code.
  • Matti
    @rjv17 As the previous replies suggest the only thing you need to keep in mind is that you are the only one viewing the data. We are working on making TradingView charts available on the Kite web UI, but this would be a generic charting plugin. If you want to implement a use-case for yourself, you can use the TradingView library and do so.
  • rayi
    @Nikhil.A when is integrating with TradingView Charts due?
  • sujith
    Hi @rayi,
    We are working on integrating tradingview charts on Kite. Since it is in the early stage of development, we can't give any timeline as of now.