Cover order params

Vishesh
Can some give a code example of placing a cover order for the following using python client?

script: NSE:RELIANCE
since it is a cover order, it will be a market order... so is there a need to mention last price? (i think no?)
stoploss... assume a stop loss of 10 rupees - and if last price is 1380, stoploss for the order payload should be 1370? or 10?

it would be greatly appreciated if someone can place the full expected lines of code, instead of pointing me to a existing github code.

I am expecting something like this as an answer to help.

kite.place_order(variety=co, exchange=NSE, tradingsymbol=RELIANCE, transaction_type=BUY,quantity=10, product=co, order_type=MARKET,stoploss=10)
are there any other parameters too needed?
  • Vishesh
    I'm getting the following error while placing CO with the code like above

The stop loss trigger price is beyond the allowed range of 9.9%. Try a price within the range.
  • rakeshr
    @Vishesh
    kite.place_order(variety=co, exchange=NSE, tradingsymbol=RELIANCE, transaction_type=BUY,quantity=10, product=co, order_type=MARKET,stoploss=10)
    Here product should be 'MIS',product='MIS'.
    The stop loss trigger price is beyond the allowed range of 9.9%. Try a price within the range.
    You need to send trigger_price not stoploss value.Check all CO params here.
  • Vishesh
    it is a market cover order... then why should i specify a trigger_price?
  • sujith
    You need to provide a trigger price for the second leg stop-loss order. You can check out this article to get know more about cover order.
  • sujith
    You can follow up here.
This discussion has been closed.