Note for users experiencing "Invalid API credentials" for accessing Historical API

Vivek
Historical API is not bundled with Connect as explained on the homepage and within your developer console. We'd disabled authentication on the historical data APIs for a while for legacy/testing reasons, but we re-enabled authentication recently. If you were accessing the historical APIs (without subscribing to it in your developer console), it's not going to work anymore unfortunately.
Tagged:
  • Rahul
    This means no more free 30 days historical data ?
    will it come back once testing is over or this is gonna be only for subscribed people ?
  • Kailash
    @Rahul There was never a "free 30 days of historical data" after the first month of launch of the APIs, several months ago.
  • kiranja
    I have valid subscription, however, from past two days i am getting "Invalid API credentials". However websocket and instruments list works. Why is the problem only with historic data?
  • sujith
    @kiranja Do you have historical data subscription?
  • sujith
    @kiranja Once you subscribe for Kite Connect, you can get list of instruments, websocket streaming but not historical data. Historical data is an add on.
  • kiranja
    yes, i have subscription for both, but historic data stopped working from last 2 days.
  • Kailash
    @kiranja Please discard the access_token you are using and use a fresh access_token after obtaining it post authentication. It should work then.
  • kartik.trade
    How can we subscribe Historical Data Separately?.
  • Vivek
    @kartik.trade Fron Kite connect developers console enter your apps edit page and on right side you can see option to enable histroical for the given app.
  • sameer
    Currently for how many past trading days u r providing 1 minute data ? When u r planning to extend it ?
  • Vivek
    @sameer Currently we have for past 3-6 months based on scrip. We are in talks with data team to extend it.
  • k365
    getting the same Invalid API credentials" error

and What is the duration for EOD data, is it from, the beginning in History API ?
  • Vivek
    @k365 Can you post the api key you are using to access? I can verify if its subscribed for historical data.