Do Websocket Live feed need User Login

sarathkrrish
I want to run user algorithms on Websocket Live Data which is common for every user at some instances. My question is can I use websocket without the logging in user but using my api key and secret as standalone api. Other wise I have to get same Live feed for every user of my application for mamy instruments over and over which is overhead and unnecessary.
  • rakeshr
    @sarathkrrish
    My question is can I use websocket without the logging in user but using my api key and secret as standalone api.
    No. Websocket uses access_token as authentication for succesful connection to receive tick data. And access_token is generated after succesful login.
    Other wise I have to get same Live feed for every user of my application for many instruments over and over which is overhead and unnecessary.
    Didn't get you?
  • sujith
    Kite Connect is by default enabled for a single user and it is not provided for multiple users.
    If you are developing an application for multiple users then you need to check with compliance at kiteconnect(at)zerodha.com
    I don't think you can use our data in your application. You can check the same with compliance team.
  • arungahlot
    @sujith sorry for a tangent... so does this mean I can use the api for personal use applications.
  • sujith
    Yes, Kite Connect is provided for personal use only by default.
  • sarathkrrish
    @sujith thanks for the answer. Can I provide a cloud services let's say like app.streak by kite authentication and each user have their cloud instance/ virtual program which generates buy signals or sell signals for them using websocket API with their access token and is there any compliance I need to know or should I have to explicitly take zerodha's permission?. It seems to be again I'm asking the same thing just to confirm
  • sujith
    @sarathkrrish,
    We are developers with a technical background. You need to check with the compliance team. You can write to them with a product description here kiteconnect(at)zerodha.com.