Getting Read timed out errors very frequently

VenkataLenin
Hi,
I'm using Python API. from last few days I'm getting Read time out errors very frequently. This causes delay in placing orders at required time. Kindly solve the issue ASAP
  • sujith
    Can you let us know more about your setup like network, os, library version?
    Can you let us know for which API call you are getting this error?
    Is this consistent or intermittent?
  • VenkataLenin
    I'm using Jiofi for internet, Windows 10 as OS, Python 3.7.2, kiteconnect Version: 3.8.2 as API.
    I'm using this API since May-2020, I'll get read time out errors very rarely but since last week I'm getting those "HTTPSConnectionPool(host='api.kite.trade', port=443): Read timed out. (read timeout=7)" message 3 to 4 times per minute.
  • sujith
    The time outs are common while dealing with HTTP. It could be an issue with your ISP and Cloudflare or at the AWS or at the AWS to our data center or the connectivity within the systems. You can add a couple of seconds delay and then retry. But 3 to 4 times a minute is also too much. You may try using some alternate network just to test it out.
    We will monitor today and see if this is happening from our end.
  • sujith
    @VenkataLenin,
    Can you let us know for which API call this is happening?
  • VenkataLenin
    VenkataLenin edited July 2020
    @sujith,
    the API call is "kite.ltp()" . I'm calling it 5 time per minute with 12 seconds delay.
    I'll try another network as you suggested but with my current network it worked smoothly since last two months. the problem raised since last week only.
  • rakeshr
    @VenkataLenin
    We haven't observed any such error at our end. Anyhow, we will log today's data to see, if any.