List of particular instrument

aditya123
How can i retrieve a mapping of token of list of particular instruments only and not whole dumped csv in java?
  • rakeshr
    @aditya123
    mapping of token of list of particular instruments only
    You mean for specific exchange?
    For specific exchange, you can append :exchange in instrument dump url.
  • vijoeyz
    vijoeyz edited July 2020
    Does instruments() API return instrument list only for enabled segments of the user?

F&O is not enabled for me, and I don't see these in the returned list. How do I subscribe to F&O ticks since I don't know instrument_tokens of these?
  • aditya123
    @rakeshr
    Yes for specific exchange.
    So from instrument dump url can i get instrument token of only those instrument or Trading Symbol
    which will be provided by me. As through dump, it seems to be a quite heavier task!
  • sujith
    @aditya123,
    You need to fetch and store the instruments dump at your end. It is updated every day. The stored dump at your end has to be used as the source for your script.
  • vijoeyz
    @sujith , could reply to my query above?
  • sujith
    @vijoeyz,
    The dump contains the details of all the instruments traded for the day. Are you using instruments dump of an exchange or the whole dump?
  • sujith
    It doesn't evaluate user profile or anything.
  • vijoeyz
    I am currently retrieving only for NSE?

instruments = instruments(exchange = "NSE")
  • rakeshr
    You need to send exchange = "NFO" for F&O. Accordingly, send exchange name for required exchange specific instrument dump.
  • akshay_thakker
    Hi Sijuth, is there an option to retrieve data for more than one exchange in a single call, so instead of downloading the dump for say NSE and NFO separately, can I just give the argument as ["NSE, "NFO"]? I understand that I can also download the entire dump and then filter out the other exchanges, but the retrieval time for the entire dump is higher and also cause unnecessary load on all involved.
  • SRIJAN
    No,you have to fetch separately.
  • sujith
    @akshay_thakker,
    The ideal way to use instruments dump is to fetch and store it for the day. You shouldn't be pulling it every now and then to fetch instruments data, since it is a large data dump. You need to keep a local copy in the preferences or database and use it. And make sure to update everyday since data changes everyday.
  • akshay_thakker
    Thanks Srijan, noted!
    Hi Sujith, thats what I am doing, but was hoping that even in that process there was a way to optimize. But thanks for a quick response.