Option Chain

kiteapi
I understand there is NO one API which can be called to fetch Option Chain for a Symbol/Expiry combination, rather we need to go through each strike for CE/PE to fetch the full Option Chain as per this FAQ - https://kite.trade/forum/discussion/comment/26525/#Comment_26525

My Query:
1. When I request data for each CE/PE is that considered one request call from the server end and hence will be throttled to 10 requests per second?
2. I understand I can get live/current data by above method, and keep saving them in table according to time etc. however if I want to get historical data, lets says morning data or yesterdays data for Options prices/OI etc, do I need to subscribe for historical data subscription as well?
  • sujith
    1. When I request data for each CE/PE is that considered one request call from the server end and hence will be throttled to 10 requests per second?
    You can use Websockets API to fetch live market data.
    2. I understand I can get live/current data by above method, and keep saving them in table according to time etc. however if I want to get historical data, lets says morning data or yesterdays data for Options prices/OI etc, do I need to subscribe for historical data subscription as well?
    You will need to use historical data API even if you need today's minute level candle data. But we recommend generating candles at your end using the Websocket data for the live market strategies. You can refer to this thread to know more.
  • rakeshr
    @kiteapi
    I understand there is NO one API that can be called to fetch Option Chain for a Symbol/Expiry combination
    Maybe you can try this open python package for the option chain. It uses a combination request of symbol and expiry.