kite.orders() call giving out 'Gateway timed out' error all the time

dummydost
To manage open orders, we need to use kite.orders() api call and since it returns all the orders, 'Gateway timed out' is thrown too frequently. Will there be a solution to this problem in the future versions? For example, something like this

def orders(self,order_id=None,orderbook=None)

So, now if I want to retrieve all open orders, I could use:
kite.orders(orderbook='open')

@Kailash @vivek @sujith I only say this, because order management is so crucial ,especially bo and co orders, which are two-legged..
  • sujith
    Hi,

We are working on this and it will be fixed in coming releases.
  • AKO
    I am facing the Gateway Timed Out in receiving the quotes .

kite.quote(exchange="NSE",tradingsymbol="XXXXX")

I hope nothing wrong from my side (lib etc)

Let me know once fixed
  • menaveenn
    @Kailash @vivek @sujith
    Hi Team,

This is the common and serious problem somany people are facing .After placing orders we are not able to modify orders as per our strategy ,due to which the strategy which is working on the end of the day data, not working in live .

Note:Even after using the error handlings alomst everywhere , wherever we are interacting with Kite API, still in few case our execution is getting disturbed and due to error handling our execution time also increecing which is furthur causing lossess.

Requesting you to take this as priority and provide fix ASAP..

Thanks in advance !!
    Regards,
    Naveen
  • Kailash
    @dummydost @menaveenn Has this recurred over the last couple days?
  • menaveenn
    menaveenn edited November 2016
    Hi @Kailash

I faced this problem multiple times in a day ,last week(Even in last trading session) .whenever Im trying to retrieve all orders using Kite.orders(). I'm facing this problems.

Regards,
    Naveen
  • Kailash
    @menaveenn How large is your orderbook? How many orders, approximately?
  • menaveenn
    @Kailash Approximately 30 single BO orders (excluding stop and trigger orders).