orders going to BSE

itsram90
HI,

in last two weeks i have used kite api to place CNC orders, while placing those orders i have clearly mentioned NSE as exchange. instead of that my order got routed to BSE atomically and now i have securities with BSE .

python api command

kite.place_order(tradingsymbol=stk_list,exchange="NSE" ,transaction_type=bos,quantity=qty,order_type="LIMIT",product="CNC", price=round(price ,2), validity='DAY',variety='regular', tag='opening' )

can you explain why ?
Tagged:
  • itsram90

my kite.holdings output
  • rakeshr
    @itsram90
    while placing those orders i have clearly mentioned NSE as exchange. instead of that my order got routed to BSE atomically and now i have securities with BSE .
    Your order got placed in requested exchange(NSE) only. You can check the tradebook in Zerodha Console. But, holdings is reflecting BSE because of higher price. You can go through this article.
  • itsram90
    @rakeshr so the data in kite.historical is wrong ? i am confused. can we sell my position on both exchanges .
    lets say if ihave it with NSE and here its showing BSE can i sell it in bse ?
  • itsram90
    symbol names are not same on both exchanges, in NSE you have it as SPENSER and in BSE SPENSERS . its messy
  • rakeshr
    so the data in kite.historical is wrong?
    Do you mean kite.holdings? No, it's not wrong, that's how it works. We have explained in detail in this article.
    Your Kite holdings will reflect the exchange price where the previous closing was higher.
  • itsram90
    but my holding should represent what i hold , at least in terms of exchange.

also can i sell in BSE if i have buy in NSE and if yes, are there any charges ?
  • rakeshr
    but my holding should represent what i hold , at least in terms of exchange.
    If you go through the above article, it's made mandatory by SEBI to show the best available market price across both the exchanges.
    also can i sell in BSE if i have buy in NSE and if yes, are there any charges ?
    You can refer above article, it explains everything about this.
  • itsram90
    I AM SORRY i read it. its pain in the bottom. now i have to change my code.
    just one question. while placing the order now do is it still mandatory to mention the exchange in kite.place_order() ?
  • sujith
    Yes, it is a mandatory field. One has to send an exchange param while placing an order.