API key, Access token not working

harshlk
Created app on developers.kite.trade and used API key and Access Token to get the response but when tried to get the response, it says:

{"status":"error","message":"Incorrect `api_key` or `access_token`.","data":null,"error_type":"TokenException"}

Please provide the solution on this.
  • rakeshr
    @harshlk
    Might be you are using the wrong request token to get access_token, you can refer to this documentation to under the login flow. Also, refer to this thread for a similar query.
  • harshlk
    I logged in to developer account i.e. developers.kite.trade, there created an app, which gave me API key and Access token and used that. I think developer account is for testing only, added Rs. 2000 as credits so we can test that.
  • sujith
    @harshlk,
    You do have an active Kite Connect app with the name gamesoftrade.
  • sujith
    You can use that for using Kite Connect APIs.
  • harshlk
    Yes, used that only. Picked the API key and Access token from there itself, but I am getting ther error which mentioned already in the first. That is the reason I need support, why its not working.
  • rakeshr
    Picked the API key and Access token from there itself
    You seem to be getting confused here. You have to get API key and api_secret from developer account not Access token. You need to generate access_token at your end post login. Check the flow here , also refer to this link to know more about this.
  • harshlk
    Yes, that is what I am saying. I logged in to my developer account, then created an app bye the name "gamesoftrade", which you also mentioned then, it gave me API key on the right side bar, and below that there is "Show API Secret" button, clicked on that and it gave me API secret key, and the code reference you had given to get the responce there it says API key and Access Token, so there I have pasted those details.
  • harshlk
    Can we connect with support team on phone so we can discuss the problem we are facing and resolve with your help. Please let us know if this possible, and if so please provide number and schedule a call.
  • rakeshr
    Can you paste your login part code here? We will take look
  • sujith
    @harshlk,
    Never post app-specific or client-specific details on a public forum. Make sure you change the password and regenerate app secret as well.
  • harshlk
    I know that but asked the login part code, so what does he mean. I was also wondering why the login details are being asked on a public forum. Anyway, please provide the solution earliest, so we can work on its integration, days are passing. If we get the response soon, we will continue our subscription.
  • rakeshr
    @harshlk
    By login flow part code, we meant session generation and authentication code i.e access_token generation flow. This flow, we have explained here.