Steaming Quotes - Not Received

virtualKG
Hi,

Streaming quotes are not being received since this morning... Is the service down ?
  • kiranja
    same here, not able to receive web socket data
  • Vivek
    @virtualKG @kiranja can you please check if you are setting right public token with user id?
  • siddu
    HI, I also observing same issue,
    for below python call websocket.WebSocketApp(), "on_error" is triggering and the error i printed " name 'opcode' is not defined"
  • virtualKG
    @vivek - Double checked that... Still not working...
  • virtualKG
    @vivek - Double checked that... Still not working...
  • kiranja
    yes, works now, thnx.
  • siddu
    @virtualKG , Did you see it working ? i didnt till now , just checked.
  • virtualKG
    Working now...
  • siddu
    HI ,

i am using python client library "kiteconnect" and the code given "https://github.com/rainmattertech/pykiteconnect" for receiving streaming data. But it is not working for me. Any one using same "kiteconnect" oython library and the script mentioned in above link to retrieve streaming data ? can any one help me what the issue is i am getting error message "name "opcode" is not defined"
  • sujith
    Hi @siddu,
    Is this still happening?
  • siddu
    Yes, for me still, it didnt work. I have created a separate discussion where i shared my setup details. Like version info i was using.
  • siddu
    found the issue it is with websocket client with respective Python 3. The websocket client which was used in kiteconnect python official library will not work because of below issue of webscoket client library on python 3.
    https://github.com/liris/websocket-client/issues/284.

used same library with python 2. worked fine.
  • virtualKG
    Not receiving live quotes today - any issue with the server / websocket library ?
  • c00kie
    not receiving quotes today too is there any issue?
  • sujith
    @virtualKG, @c00kie,
    It seems to be working fine. Is it still happening?
  • c00kie
    yes i cannot connect to the websocket on multiple accounts
  • soumyadeep
    me too.. there is heartbeat but ticks dont come from time to time
  • sujith
    @c00kie, @soumyadeep,
    Can you private message your api_keys?
  • sujith
    We use the same websockets for all our platforms and we haven't come across any issue.
  • soumyadeep
    I got multiple disconnection of my websocket and it tried to reconnect every single time... (well that is not good but still it works). One time at 12:06 it stopped, reconnected and no ticks came untill I noticed around 12:19 and when I manually restarted websocket, it started working fine again... And since it is something reported by a lot of users and not happening at your end, we must be doing something wrong. I would like to discuss this issue with you on private message. I sent you my api_key. Regards
  • c00kie
    my problem seems to be with google compute engine as the websocket is working fine on my local machine. I haven't changed any network settings to my vm. If anyone has faced this issue before or knows a solution, please help out.Thank you