Kite Connect capabilities

omkarT
Hi,
Can some one advice on kite capabilities in following sections

1. The API charge is Rs 2000 per month for retail users, this includes unlimited requests? or there is per request charge after a certain limit?

2. Rs 2000 additional for historical data, what is historical data, how old data is called historical data? If I query data for the last 3 months / 6 months / 1 year is it historical data?

3. I also have streak subscription, can I run my streak scanner using kite connect APIs and get notifications in my code?

4. Can I also get indicators values through API along with stocks' OHLC data?  

Thanks,
  • sujith
    You can make any number of requests. You need to make sure you don't hit API rate limits i.e requests/second limit. You can know more here.

Historical data is intraday or day candle data. You can know about the response format here. You can check out the rate limits and availability in the above-mentioned FAQ thread.

Streak is a different product. It has nothing to do with Kite Connect. Streak in-turn uses Kite Connect APIs for many of the features.

Kite Connect is purely an execution platform, we don't provide solutions to write strategies. You can use live market data and candle data to write the strategies.