Margin calculation?

healthsecure15
I read this: https://kite.trade/docs/connect/v3/margins/

Seems very interesting. I cannot find the python call for it.

I tried:

kite.margins([
{
"exchange": "NSE",
"tradingsymbol": "INFY",
"transaction_type": "BUY",
"variety": "regular",
"product": "CNC",
"order_type": "MARKET",
"quantity": 1,
"price": 0,
"trigger_price": 0

}
])

Which gave the obvious output. What would be the correct call for calculation of margin as per the kite.trade doc linked above?

Thanks
  • rakeshr
    I cannot find the python call for it.
    You can use order_margin method to make the order margin calculation call. You can refer python example code for the same here.
  • mayankk
    @rakeshr can you please help answer how to get the margin for the basket order. I used order_margins for multiple orders but it only gives the individual orders margin. How do I get the final margin for the basket using python. appreciate your help thanks
  • mlearner
    You can use order_margin method to make the order margin calculation call. You can refer python example code for the same here.
    @rakeshr - The python call as mentioned in sample code is not working for me.
    margin_detail = kite.order_margins(order_param_single)
    Getting below error -
    INFO:root:Required order margin: 'KiteConnect' object has no attribute 'order_margins'
    Also for basket orders, will "kite.order_margins()" work or the python call is "kite.basket_margins()"?
  • rakeshr
    INFO:root:Required order margin: 'KiteConnect' object has no attribute 'order_margins'
    You need to update your package using pip install --upgrade kiteconnect.
    Also for basket orders, will "kite.order_margins()" work or the python call is "kite.basket_margins()"?
    We haven't added basket margins APIs to python client, as of now. You will have to use requests to use this, for now. We will add this to python client soon.