Placed order on NSE but got shares from BSE

nkr
nkr edited April 2021 in General
Hi,

My program had placed an order of EQ from NSE for ADANIPORTS on 6th April. At the start of next day, the shares showing as my T1 holdings were from BSE, due to which my code failed to sell them at Stop Loss due to change in token (3861249 -> 136427780).

Can someone kindly explain why did shares got allocated from BSE when my order was from NSE ? Do I need to handle this scenario in my code that orders can be filled from any exchange?
Tagged:
  • rakeshr
    Can someone kindly explain why did shares got allocated from BSE when my order was from NSE?
    Your Kite holdings will reflect the exchange price where the previous closing was higher. You can go through this article to know more about this.
    Do I need to handle this scenario in my code that orders can be filled from any exchange?
    Yes, you might.
  • nkr
    Thank you for replying.

Can you confirm if an equity will always have same name on both exchanges ?

For example. Adaniports have different token on NSE and BSE . Is it guaranteed that its name will be ADANIPORTS on both NSE and BSE ? It will make it easy just to lookup my holdings based on name.
  • sujith
    @nkr,
    Nope, it is not guaranteed. There are many cases wherein the same company has different tradingsymbol on both exchanges. Also if a stock enters T2T segment then the trading symbol changes.
  • nkr
    nkr edited April 2021
    Could you please suggest a way to fetch an equity name/token from NSE given its name/token from BSE ?