Is their licensing restriction with the market quote and historical data returned by the API

VarunAgw
VarunAgw edited April 2021 in General
So far, I am using them for private use. But I am interested in building some public tools to help other traders.

Is there some restriction from Zerodha or NSE/BSE regarding it? Where can I read more about it?

I am not planning to do it, but if I dump all the historical data + live data to the public without delay, am I allowed to do so?
  • sujith
    If you are building a platform for mass then you will need to check with the compliance team before beginning. You can write to kiteconnect(at)zerodha.com
  • sujith
    Make sure to add more details about your product.
  • VarunAgw
    @sujith What about simple free products?
  • rakeshr
    What about simple free products?
    As this will still be open to the public, you need to mail with required detail to our compliance team at kiteconnect(at)zerodha.com.
  • VarunAgw
    @rakeshr Just to be clear, I don't plan to use zerodha specific feature (like orders, user login). I am only planning to consume stock market quotes and historical data.

Do I need still need to talk to the compliance team?
  • sujith
    Yes, you still need to speak to compliance. A third-party app can't show our data. If you intend to use market data then you can contact some exchange registered data vendor.
  • VarunAgw
    @sujith Okay, thank you.
This discussion has been closed.