Need some help with SL-M orders

mangeshr
1. I am placing SL-M order with stop loss, How can I know if stoploss is triggered? Will I get any postback or websocket update on onOrderUpdate?
Is there any flag in onOrderUpdate request to identify is stoploss is triggered?

2. I am using SL-M order, is there any chance where my order will be filled partially? I will be trading stocks with good amount of volume. What is the status if my order is partially filled?
3. In SL order, lets say, I have placed order for 100 shares, initially I got 60 shares and hence received onOrderUpdate with FilledQuantity=
60. Now if in sometime my remaining 40shares also filled, then in this onOrderUpdate, will I get FilledQuantity=100 or FilledQuantity=40?

4. Once order is placed, as per docs, if order is completed I will be getting notification through onOrderUpdate. Is there need to pull orders from orderbook? If yes, after how much time should I pull order status?

5. In the SL-M order, my understanding is trigger price is stop-loss. Please correct if I am wrong here and suggest what field in order is stop-loss?

6. Is it possible that my order is partially filled and remaining is cancelled?

I am using Go client.
  • rakeshr
    I am placing SL-M order with stop loss, How can I know if stoploss is triggered? Will I get any postback or websocket update on onOrderUpdate?
    Yes, you will get a postback update or an onOrderUpdate WebSocket update once an order is executed on exchange i.e status is changed.
    Is there any flag in onOrderUpdate request to identify is stoploss is triggered?
    Yes, you can tag order and check for same tag field in order-book.
    I am using SL-M order, is there any chance where my order will be filled partially? I will be trading stocks with good amount of volume. What is the status if my order is partially filled?
    You can go through this thread.
    In SL order, lets say, I have placed order for 100 shares, initially I got 60 shares and hence received onOrderUpdate with FilledQuantity=
    60. Now if in sometime my remaining 40shares also filled, then in this onOrderUpdate, will I get FilledQuantity=100 or FilledQuantity=40?
    You receive cumulative order detail i.e FilledQuantity=100 for the last leg of complete fill.
    Once order is placed, as per docs, if order is completed I will be getting notification through onOrderUpdate. Is there need to pull orders from orderbook? If yes, after how much time should I pull order status?
    You get an update if an order is executed or status changed not just for place an order.
    In the SL-M order, my understanding is trigger price is stop-loss. Please correct if I am wrong here and suggest what field in order is stop-loss?
    Yes, you can check all order param detail here.
    Is it possible that my order is partially filled and remaining is cancelled?
    Didn't get you on this? You mean you would like to cancel the un-filled remaining order or auto-cancel by the admin?
    If auto-cancel, then yes, there can few scenarios like pending orders not completed with market timings, etc.
  • mangeshr
    mangeshr edited May 2021
    Thank you @rakeshr .
    I have few more queries :
    1. As per my understanding, when I place SL-M order, once order is executed at exchange my order status will move into pending state until stoploss is triggered. When it reach stoploss and execute then it will turn Pending status to Complete. Is my understanding correct?
    2. In the last question, I was talking about auto cancel from zerodha/exchange.
  • sujith
    Once a stoploss market order is placed, order will be in the pending state and the status will be TRIGGER PENDING, once the trigger is hit it changes to market order. Once all the quantity is executed the order status changes to COMPLETED.

It is possible that an order that is partially executed can be cancelled by the exchange or Zerodha in different circumstances. The order status will be CANCELLED but the filled quantity will be a non-zero value.
  • sujith
    To get a clear idea you can place few orders on Kite web and check the order history in the orderbook.
  • mangeshr
    mangeshr edited May 2021
    I have one more question on this,
    If my order is partially cancelled, does this mean rest of order is executed? or it can be in pending/trigger pending state?
    I will place few orders as suggested by @sujith , but this looks edge case and may not reproduce manually
  • sujith
    Once an order is canceled, the status will be CANCELLED, there won't be any trades after that.
    Cancelation of a partially executed/filled order is possible but partial execution of a cancelled order is not possible.