kiteconnect.exceptions.TokenException: Invalid `checksum`

Mwaghela
Untill yesterday my program was running successful. Today morning it started giving this error.

--I checked my api key and api secret : Its correct
--Generated a request token and used the same in
kite.generate_session(reqToken, api_secret=apiSecret)

Error : kiteconnect.exceptions.TokenException: Invalid `checksum`

Tried multiple times by generating new reqToken , still it gives the same error.

• sujith
    We haven't changed anything at our end. You can run with debug logs on and check the params that is being sent are correct or not?
  • Mwaghela
    already done , the params seems to be correct.
    I remember yesterday late night i started getting some exception related to permission (i assumed the server must be in maintenance).

Today morning it started giving this excecption. By any chance is something wrong with my api key/secret key after maintenance ?

I tried regenerating the secret key and using it, but still it shows same exception
  • sujith
    Can you private message the api_key and app_secret? We will check and get back to you.
  • sujith
    Also, paste the complete response from Kite Connect.
  • Mwaghela
    packages\kiteconnect\connect.py", line 259, in generate_session
    "checksum": checksum 30, in _post
    File "C:\Users\Jayshree\anaconda3\envs\deeplearning\lib\site-packages\kiteconnect\connect.py", line 830, in _post 98, in _request
    return self._request(route, "POST", url_args=url_args, params=params, is_json=is_json)
    File "C:\Users\Jayshree\anaconda3\envs\deeplearning\lib\site-packages\kiteconnect\connect.py", line 898, in _request
    raise exp(data["message"], code=r.status_code)
    kiteconnect.exceptions.TokenException: Invalid `checksum`
  • rakeshr
    You were using wrong api secret while generating session kite.generate_session(reqToken, api_secret=apiSecret), as per the DM.
This discussion has been closed.