Kite 3.0 release #4 (Dec 15th) -- New order types

Kailash
Kailash edited January 2018 in General
Two new order types are now live.
- BO with SL (with the `trigger_price` field)
- CO with LIMIT (with the `trigger_price` field)

To place these orders, just change the `order_type` field to `SL` or `LIMIT` against your variety=bo|co orders and send a `trigger_price` value along.

The new WebSocket procotol has been pushed to release #5 which be the final major update in the Kite 3.0 milestone. We're working on the final bits.
  • VenkateshV
    @Kailash
    Many Many thanks
  • tahseen
    tahseen edited December 2017
    @Kailash your details are little confusing. When you say BO with SL ? We already have SL in the Bracket Order. The moment price hits that SL Price, that stock is squared off at the market
  • botany02
    @tahseen

This is for entry leg, till now it is LIMIT order.
  • tahseen
    @botany02 interesting, so means at the trigger_price, it would go on purchasing or selling at market

@botany02 thanks for the response
  • sujith
    @tahseen,
    The trigger price is for entering the position.
  • tahseen
    For SL bracket order, can I set price and trigger_price same ?
  • sujith
    sujith edited December 2017
    @tahseen,
    You can send same price and trigger price values.
  • shortwire
    Thanks @Kailash for the updates. When do you think BO or CO with SL entry will be available for MCX segment.
  • Prem
    Hi @Vivek,

Release #5 contains Sandbox and Order Filling Updates via websockets?

Kindly reply ASAP.

Many thanks
  • brijesh1000
    what i am looking for from kite or Pi is a predefined Market watch of FO Securities whose chart can be viewed with up and down arrow keys with our preset indicator templates. this will help a lot in scanning the FO Segments...
    Regards
    Brijesh
  • sauravkedia
    Do we have a functionality to enter CO at a trigger_price rather than market price.
  • sujith
    Hi @sauravkedia,
    As of now, we only have cover limit order. You can take a position at a given price.
  • shortwire
    Hi @sujith

Posed this question for Kailash in the above thread. While I am still awaiting for his response, thought you could help answer too. Is BO/CO order SL based entries available on MCX segment in the Kite connect 3.0. If not, any timeframe.
  • sujith
    Hi,
    Cover order with stop-loss entry and bracket order for MCX are not yet available. It has to be provided by our OMS vendor TR. Since it depends on the third party, we can't give any timeline as of now.
  • mithunthakur
    I have this error what to do
    Authentication failed: Invalid session credentials
    Fatal error: Uncaught TokenException (403) 'Invalid session credentials' thrown in /home/myatsolc/public_html/content/6-php/kiteconnect.php on line 668
  • vnaymatam
    @sujith

Can I create multiple apps with different Zerodha User IDs from a single account ?
    If yes, how does it work? if not, please let me know if there are any alternatives.
    Please let me know on this.

Thank you!
  • tonystark
    @mithunthakur For which API call are you getting the exception?
  • sujith
    @vnaymatam,
    Yes, you can create apps for multiple Zerodha accounts with one developer account.
    You can give client id while creating the Kite Connect app.
  • sujith
    @mithunthakur, @vnaymatam,
    Please create new threads for new queries, it might help others who are looking for the same.
  • rktheinvestor1
    @Kailash @sujith

Are examples updated somewhere to better understand it? If not can you please confirm my understanding.

e.g. SHORT

order_type - LIMIT or SL

order variety - bo

price - 161.75

trigger_price (additional that we need to set & pass) - 162.4

So, when price reaches/crosses 162.4 my order will be placed and when price reaches/crosses 161.75 my position will get opened.