Login gives 302 status code

pannet1
pannet1 edited February 2018 in PHP client
Hi,

Can you please update the documentation and provide a real working example. You want us to remain in older API or migrate to newer one. Can anyone confirm that PHP Kite 3 api is working. For good order sake, please dont charge any of us for this crap.

I have already raised an issue here. https://github.com/zerodhatech/phpkiteconnect/issues/2. I have loads of issues coming one after the other.
Tagged:
  • Kailash
    @pannet1 the login flow involves several 302s as it happens in the browser (and that's always been the case). It has got nothing to do with phpKiteConnect.

Can you describe exactly what's happening with the 302s, before you start hurling accusations?
  • pannet1
    @Kailash

Awaiting reply on github, so its not duplicated here. Should I duplicate the issues here ? Awaiting reply from Vivek.
  • pannet1
    One week passed since I subscribed. I also screwed up my existing working PHP client. Now Its stalemate for me. Do you really care ?
  • Vivek
    @pannet1 Please check my comments in Github. Seems like you haven't updated kiteconnec.php file to latest version.
  • pannet1
    @vivek thanks. i got the problem resolved after updating to the new branch 3b. please advise how to get quotes with the new API. i have a detailed question on github
  • pannet1
    pannet1 edited February 2018
    @sujith,

thanks. there are only 35 methods in the link you pointed. i wonder how difficult it is to provide a working example. this will really help us avoid doing the guess work all the time. i have a feeling of working with a dead github project and not really a paid service.

@Kailash,
    i was planning to write you detailed list of problems we are facing ... but by the way you reply (time delay) .. it is obvoius you are not really interested to solve the problem.

sorry to sound harsh.

• Kailash
    @pannet1 Your first post said:
    For good order sake, please dont charge any of us for this crap.
    That's not how you'd start a conversation. I've been following the issues you've been posting with the team and the first question that was asked was "are you trying to automate the login?" (because the "Authorize" button is not a part of the API flow, but the manual flow), to which, you didn't post an answer. We are now forced to assume that you are trying to automate the login (which is against our ToS, and the exchange regulations) and is clearly outside the scope of the API flow. The login has to be manual.

Secondly, you did not update the PHP client lib for a week then commented on being "screwed" and having hit a "stalemate". This, we'd posted on the Github issues, in response to your query.

Finally, your last comment
    please advise how to get quotes with the new API.
    All calls, functions, and responses are very well documented in the API documentations. For every client lib, we have prepared detailed changelogs. There's a special documentation for the PHP v3 client (the link is on the Github page) -- https://kite.trade/docs/phpkiteconnect/v3 that covers everything, including the quotes call you're asking about.

It's evident that you are not reading the chagelong, documentation, or even our responses. I wouldn't generally post a seemingly passive-aggressive response like this, but I've been compelled to in this instance. Kindly read through from the beginning of this thread to see where exactly the "issues" are.
  • pannet1
    Dear @Kailash
    That's not how you'd start a conversation
    We are not meeting for the first time. Anyway pleased to meet you. Remember I am using the api since it was Kite 2.0 and was working fine.

i dont understand the automation part. i am entering the username and password ..... secret questions and then only its loggin in .... may be i clicked on the autorize button once. can't rememeber.

your github update 3b) was after i complained that is not working ... i correctly mentioned that the kiteconnect file i am using 3) not 2) as you sound. classic customer service way of .... "its working .. its all your fault". check the dates of your update if you dont believe me

i read all the changelog, documentation and your responses available on earth. your documentation is fine

getQuote( array $instruments )

Retrieve quote and market depth for list of instruments.
    Parameters

$instruments

is a list of instruments, Instrument are in the format of tradingsymbol:exchange. For example NSE:INFY

Returns
    array
    how to assign an array of $instruments above and how to retrieve the returned array.

How about a real example code. You are not understanding that most of us are part time programmers and are not experts. It will really help if you improve your documentation (with working examples)

• sujith
    @pannet1,
    You can check out commit history here. These commits have nothing to do with the issue you reported.

The line you are looking for is getQuote(["NSE:INFY", "NSE:SBIN"])

The issues regarding general programming knowledge are outside the scope of this forum.

• pannet1
    @sujith,

once i have updated with 3b) then i did not have the same error as i had with 3.0 blame me... no probs

thanks for the getQuote(["NSE:INFY", "NSE:SBIN"])

fine. i promise to publish my piece of code to github so it helps others.