order_place

ayyaz
I would like to know if this api remains block unless all given orders are excuted buy and sell both, if no how we can do that?
  • sujith
    Kite Connect is just a set of REST-like APIs, it will just give your response to every request made. You will have to handle blocking and unblocking threads at your application level.
  • ayyaz
    U don't understand my question when I place order for 1000 quantity Ieither for sales or purchase but I might get all quantities or few, is there anyway to find how many stocks r sold or purchased, or if this api place order blocks till I get all
  • sujith
    Consider you have placed a limit order and you want to check how many quantities are filled, you need to fetch order book and check the status of the order.
    If it is COMPLETE then it means all the quantities are filled.
    If the status is OPEN then check the filled_quantity field to know the number of quantities that are filled.
  • ayyaz
    in case if i do on market price ? is it guranteed that all orders will be executed ?
  • Guhan
    @sujith,
    my discussion was closed so posting here
    if first leg BO order gets modified will it generate a new order id, if it doesnot how to know a order id modified are not?
  • sujith
    Even if you place a BUY limit order at LTP, it will get filled only if there is a seller who is ready to sell at that price.
    If that seller has less quantity then your order will be partially filled and your order will be still in pending with status OPEN.
  • sujith
    @Guhan,
    Please open a new thread, this discussion is not about bracket order. It will create confusion for @ayyaz also.