Kite Connect 3.0 migration deadline

sujith
sujith edited June 2018 in General
Dear Developers,
We announced the public Kite Connect API 3.0 beta four months ago and many of you have already switched your applications to the new APIs. Issues that cropped up have been rectified and several improvements and feedback points have been incorporated. For us to get rid of internal legacy dependencies on the older APIs and to upgrade the API ecosystem to a more efficient one, we have to phase out the older APIs completely.

So, on Sunday, 20th May 2018, Kite Connect 2.0 will be permanently replaced by 3.0. The current upstream versions of the official SDKs and libraries (Python, Java etc.) will be replaced by updated 3.0 versions on the same date.

If you haven't already, please migrate your applications to Kite Connect 3.0 as soon as possible. Please refer to the 3.0 migration thread to see what's changed.

What's new in 3.0?

New fields in the WebSocket streaming API: trade timestamp, tick timestamp, Open Interest, Open Interest day high and low
Real-time order Postbacks and message updates over WebSockets
Subscribe to up to 2000 instruments on a single WebSocket connection
New /quote API that lets you fetch the complete market quote for up to 500 instruments in one go
New /quote/ohlc and /quote/ltp APIs that let you fetch up to 1000 instruments in one go
New order types - Bracket Order (SL), Cover Order (LIMIT)
Once again, the deadline is Sunday, 20th May 2018.

Thank you
  • Guhan
    @sujith, what is FULL_MODE limitations?
  • sujith
    @Guhan,
    FULL_MODE is just a mode of subscription, you can subscribe for up to 2000 instruments.
  • Guhan
    @sujith , thanks, I am bit confused here, couldn't understand the meaning of /quote API, went through the documentation. what is its use?
  • sujith
    It is just an alternative to Kite Ticker live market data. Some people just fetch live market data once in a minute or 5 minutes.
    The Quote API response is same as Kite Ticker's FULL_MODE.
  • Guhan
    @sujith, oh k thanks, I will try it sometime.
  • Dileep
    @sujith @vivek is it possible to place BO in kite 2.0?
  • krishnanm2006
    how do i subscribe for instruments?
  • prakash.jj
    @sujith any chance for extension of deadline?
  • sujith
    I am afraid we can't do that. This was a very conscious decision. I think 45 days is more than enough for migration to Kite Connect 3 APIs.
  • ManishGupta
    ManishGupta edited May 2018
    @sujith Can you please help me with this. I am first time planning to implement automatic trading strategy. For my strategy, I need current day stock live data as well as previous day's OHLC data. My query is whether I can get both these data by paying Rs. 2000 per month only or I need to pay more than Rs. 2000. I could not find pricing related information for accessing previous day's data. All I could get was API pricing as Rs. 2000 per month. It does not mention what it includes.
  • S_RAMESH
    sir kiteconnect 3.7 is not suitable for Mobile. I was comfortable with mobile. now all of a sudden I am forced to stop my trading through mobile using kiteconnect .
    Please do something. Don't stop previous version from may 20. It's humble request.
    Or at least extend deadline . Until we find some alternate solution.
    Sir which platform is best suited for using in Mobile for v 3 . All these days it was python for v 2. Now please suggest. For v 3
    Regards Ramesh.
  • s02021988
    I am also using mobile for trading .due to new version I feel uncomfortable for trading.its humble request to don't close previous version .u suggest another alternative option for trading. And when I tried to operate this new version . I am unable to operate this and confused feel troubleshooting to consider this.plz consider this ... request
  • sujith
    We had announced that there will be a deadline for migration in this January and we had come up with the deadline almost 45 days before. All the users were informed almost five months prior and the first release of Kite Connect 3.0 as announced in somewhere around November 2017.
    I am afraid we can't extend the deadline.
  • S_RAMESH
    Sir version 2 is still working .
    can I assume that it will continue to work for some more time.
  • sujith
    @S_RAMESH,
    what API are you referring to?
  • S_RAMESH
    Kiteconnect lib for Python
  • sujith
    Old APIs are shutdown. Which version of pykiteconnect are you using?
    Which particular API are you referring to?
    Is it historical data, margins, place order?
  • S_RAMESH
    I was using kiteconnect 3.6.1 through mobile . When deadline for kite 3 was announced I tried to download kiteconnect 3.7.10 . Later I understood that kiteconnect 3.7 is not suitable for mobile due dependencies issue. I dropped the idea of downloading 3.7.
    I continued working with 3.6 and I assumed that it may show error from may 21 onwards. But to my surprise until Friday ,25 May my python kiteconnect 3.6.1 works fine.
    Now my question is whatever worked on 25 May 2018 will continue to work without any interruption due to migration or not ?
  • sujith
    Old APIs are deprecated. Can you mention which API you are referring to? There are some APIs which are not changed entirely but a part of it might have changed. In future, if any updates are made on any of the APIs then it might stop working.
  • pranksterguru
    @sujith which branch should we use? Master or kite3?
  • sujith
    @pranksterguru,
    You can use master branch. We have merged kite3 branch to master.
    We may soon remove kite3 branch.