Kite holdings "quantity" and "t1_quantity" response in case of settlement holiday in between

sudhirshettyk
Hi ,
What does "quantity" and "t1_quantity " fields of Kite holidings query show in case of settlement holiday in between :

Example :
Monday Buy HDFCBANK , quantity = 1
Tuesday Settlement holiday

1) What will be the "quantity" and "t1_quantity" when queried during market hours ,
On Tuesday ?
On wednesday ?
On Thursday ?
On Friday ?

2) On which day among above , kite will reject a order that uses T1's quantity (i.e a BTST order is responded with REJECTED status ) ?

Regards,
Sudhir

• Matti
    To answer your questions:
    1. On Tuesday, T1 and quantity will be 0. T1 will show up on Wednesday and quantity on Thursday.
    2. On Tuesday, your order to sell the T1 quantity will be rejected.
  • sudhirshettyk
    sudhirshettyk edited April 2018
    So , on Tuesday , holdings query will show both T1 and Quantity as zero ?. So what other query will tell me the actual net quantity i hold (though it is just not tradabale under btst) ?
    To explain further, every day begin i consolidate by local holdings record with what your holdings query reflects . But on this day you are showing both quantity and T1 quantity as zero causing mismatch . And i dont see any other query to tell that you hold it in your records but it is just not treadable under btst . Please help
  • sudhirshettyk
    @Nikhil.A , please comment
  • Matti
    @sudhirshettyk I'm afraid you wouldn't be able to check this anywhere at the moment. You'll just have to go by the filled orders on the previous day.
  • sudhirshettyk
    CC : @nithin @sujith
    @Nikhil.A , Thanks, when can i expect a fix for this limitation ? . A suggested simple solution would be to just be consistent with what you are already doing i.e always reflect in t1_quantity what you are yet to receive in the dmat irrespective of settlement holiday or not. On days of settlement holidays it is rejected by order verification system . There is no separate need to make it zero .
    Any serious product that your customers are building will be implementing lot of order consolidation at their end and it is a serious "flaw" from you side , if quantity just "disappears" on a particular day . I hope you agree with it.
    Can you please discuss with your technical team and help get a quick solution for this .
    w.r.t the solution you suggested, Note that filled order on the previous day can remain in a limbo for us if things like what happened yesterday (02-May-18) happens . Only way for us to do a real consolidation of our records with yours is to match with holdings the next day .
  • sujith
    It will be handled in the new backoffice. Even though you can't do BTST on this if there is a settlement holiday on t+1 day, you should be able to see in your holdings as t1 quantity.
  • sudhirshettyk
    Thanks @Sujith, I will look forward for this update . You can close the ticket.
This discussion has been closed.