Can not login to https://kite.zerodha.com for two days

Souvick
I subscribed to KiteConnect API two days ago. Whenever I am trying to login in the night, it's not working. Error message MSG_FAILURE. Similar incident is happening when I am trying to login to Kite App from mobile. Can you please explain what's the reason? This was working in the market hours.
Tagged:
  • rakeshr
    rakeshr edited August 2018
    @Souvick
    We run the BOD process between 1 AM - 4 AM every day, so during that time, you will not be able to login to any of our trading platforms.
  • Souvick
    Thanks for your reply. Do you have any other timing which can have this issue? For example on weekends or NSE holidays. Is there any workaround to avoid this if I want to continue my development work during this time?
  • sujith
    When there are major OMS or RMS upgrades, users can't log in to any of our platforms. we do maintainence usually at the weekends and we keep users posted on the forum.
  • Souvick
    Is there any way u can update by email? Also, when I subscribed for the kiteconnect account it was not mentioned, I believe. If the service is down from 1 am - 4 am every day and also over weekends, that means you don't provide services for a significant amount of time. This should be properly documented. Also, if that's the case, how people can use time to develop? Can you work on provide some simulation platform or some testing environment.
  • sujith
    We do have plans of providing a sandbox environment. We are waiting for APIs from the OMS vendor.
    A BOD process is a part of almost every financial institution. It involves many processes which will make the servers ready for the next trading session.
    I am afraid we can't skip the BOD process which happens in the midnight.
  • Souvick
    Souvick edited August 2018
  • Souvick
    @sujith - okay makes sense. can you please help to resolve this problem then?
  • mr_karan
    mr_karan edited August 2018
    @Souvick Yeah, that's because there is no method available in KiteConnect with the name request_access_token. You should be actually using it like:
    kite.generate_session("request_token_here", api_secret="your_secret")
    Read the documentation for more info.
  • rakeshr
    @Souvick
    You are referring older python client documentation, in current V3 we use generate_session.Refer latest python client.