kite.positions() not getting updated

pvgeorge
I use to retrieve my positions with kite.positions(). Then I watch the last_price for my actions and it was ok. Today the last_price is not changing. Is there some issue in data updation?
  • rishiswethan
    kite.positions() is usually slower than using the ticker, which is why I use the ticker instead
  • pvgeorge
    Today it is not changing at all
  • rishiswethan
    I'm not sure why, probably the developers can respond to this, but, I would advise you to use the ticker instead
  • rakeshr
    @pvgeorge
    Is the scrip trading? Can you tell us the scrip name?
    It's always recommended to use Websocket for live ltp update, check the documentation here.
  • pvgeorge
    Yes, it is active future positions. The values are changing in kite display. But it is observed that, for the query it is changing hourly only, but this is from today only.
  • pvgeorge
    There are some 10 scrips
  • sujith
    We don't recommend polling positions for knowing LTP. We recommend using the Websocket API or market data API as mentioned here.
  • pvgeorge
    LTP is only an additional benefit to positions. There may be different ways to get LTP. But when position is queried, if LTP is nearby, which was, it reduces other overload on me and on the system. The inference of polling positions for LTP is wrong.
  • sujith
    You can refer to this thread.