day open price mis match from kite candle and historical data

ayyaz
in the following image i have pointed out the open price of 9:15 Candle on kite Candle , which is different than the historical data , can you please explain why this difference as pointed out in image the open price of 9:15 candle says 1241:30 where as in historical data 1241.45 , and we pulled this candle at 9:20 so that we give sufficient time for zerodha to stabilize prices or whatever
Can you please fix my problem or suggest how to precisely get the exact open price ? i tried to find it by pulling the prices and find the first price after 9:15: which doesnt match with candle open

• ayyaz
    when i pulled data again in even i got corrected value
    Processing Candle of tmstr=9:15:0 dtstr=2019-3-1 epoch_time=1551411900 min=15 hr=9 sec=0
    processing last_epoch_processed=1551347700 epoch_time=1551411900 candle={'volume': 1303500, 'high': 1249, 'low': 1240, 'date': datetime.datetime(2019, 3, 1, 9, 15, tzinfo=tzoffset(None, 19800)), 'close': 1248.45, 'open': 1241.3}
  • ayyaz
    please focus on the 2 different open values changed or got corrected after some time ,
    first time i pulled it it was 1241.45 where as kite shown 1241.30 , later even when i pulled it i found it corrected . what is use of it , if i get wrong value in real time , is their anyway to find market open value of symbol precisely ?
  • ayyaz
    Anyone who can reply
  • ayyaz
    please reply ASAP
  • rakeshr
    @ayyaz
    when i pulled data again in even i got corrected value
    We will check this at our end.
    Can you let us know the scrip name? Does it occur for all scrip?
  • ayyaz
    Nothing specific its quite random , differences and corrections are almost to 80% of scripts..
  • ayyaz
    by when i can expect this fix ?
  • sujith
    Hi @ayyaz,
    It could be because of the way caching works. The historical data is provided for backtesting purpose only.
    We recommend generating candles at your end using the live market data provided via websockets API.
  • ayyaz
    its not about creating candles we want to know exact open price of start of the day, their is good amount of mismatch between what kite provides , APIs