Request preparation failed (kitetrade-oms).

SamarthaJana
While fetching order details I am continuously getting this error.
Request preparation failed (kitetrade-oms).
The order has been placed however as I am not able to get the order details in the program, it still thinks order is not placed.
It kind of skews the further logic as it cannot fire back the stop loss order and some other issues.
Tagged:
  • Jegan
    I am also facing this same issue, when i call for kite.GetTradedQuantity(orderID); , Please update the status of this issue.
  • rakeshr
    @SamarthaJana
    As exception states, time-out is happening at OMS end.So,you need to handle those exceptions at your end,fetch order book and see if above order is placed,if the order is executed fetch respective detail or if not executed place the order again.
  • Jegan
    @rakeshr , the issue is while fetching information only. how to handle it . I am facing this issue from last friday
  • SamarthaJana
    As Jegan mentiond, the problem is not while placing the order. Order is placed successfully.
    However, when i try to run Dim KiteAllOrders As List(Of KiteConnect.Order) = Kite.GetOrders(), it throws the error. And this error is continuous (for me since today morning - 13-May.)
  • Jegan
    yes , I am facing this issue when calling kite.GetTradedQuantity(orderID);, this issue is there from last friday.
    whom can resolve this issue?
    @sujith please help to resolve this issue as soon as possible.
  • SamarthaJana
    I debugged it further, and it is failing at Kite.GetOrderTrades(OrderID) as well.
    So you can try those methods related to getting traded order information and should be able to repro it easily.
  • Jegan
    @SamarthaJana , It looks the issue is still there, we are still helpless till now , who can help to resolve this issue from ?
  • Jegan
    my trade half way executed and failed due to this , our hard earned money were wasted like this , disappointing with the service from zerodha :no_mouth: neutral:
  • Jegan
    @sujith , @SamarthaJana , is anyone help on this , at least when they can resolve this issue ?
  • SamarthaJana
    @Jegan I am not able to get past this issue. If it continues, then will need to change the logic to check the trades. Will need to rely on order data - but it has other hassles like taking care of partially filled orders and then grouping and summarizing etc.
  • sujith
    @Jegan, @SamarthaJana,
    Can you give more details? Are you using the official client or the third-party library? Please do mention the version number of the library. Can you enable debug logs and give us complete stacktrace?
    Is this consistent or intermittent? Any pattern that this occurs and since when are you facing this issue (this Friday only)?
  • sujith
    You can private message me if it has auth tokens in it.
  • SamarthaJana
    This is the NuGet package I am using - hope its official one.
    https://github.com/zerodhatech/dotnetkiteconnect Version 3.01
    There are no updates available for this package.

There is no additional stack trace - entire ex.message is "Request preparation failed (kitetrade-oms)."

This consistent - the following code statement fails all the time.
    Very simple repro step:

Dim KiteTradeData As List(Of KiteConnect.Trade) = Kite.GetOrderTrades(some_valid_orderid)
  • sujith
    This should be fixed now.
  • SamarthaJana
    @sujith thank you, just verified and working fine.
  • Jegan
    @sujith , is kite.GetTradedQuantity(orderID); also fixed, because I can verify during market hours only
This discussion has been closed.