Sample data

ZI4453
Please share postback data for MarketQuote,orders, trade book,balance.
I would like to get complete data(1tick) so i can take that a input for "data processing"
  • rakeshr
    @ZI4453
    You can refer to this documentation for a sample output of market quote and other API calls.
  • ZI4453
    @rakeshr , lets not waste each others time simply referring to documentation ..

API is light weight version of HFT trading and a programmer with good knowledge of data ,Market will agree that.
    Without even realizing why some one asks questions if we keep referring to documentation you will at least need 100 resources in RMS just to manage bunch of API traders.If your RMS team cries because of rouge orders from API its because of Forum moderators like you who dont guide trades properly !

def on_ticks(ws, ticks):
    global ws_data_live
    ws_data_live=ticks
    print(ticks)

will this tick (postback) have data have orders, tradebook and balance ?I know this streams market depth in different modes. I am interested to know about the other data...
    *Orders processed for the day - Sample payload
    *tradebook:trades done for the day-Sample payload
    *balance- available balance -Sample payload ,
    all the above is for ws data only and i need sample for the day.. Your documentation(redirected to each other between (websocket<->postbacks) states that we need to decode text data..
    *what decode are we talking about ?
    *whats the format its streaming ?

i also asked if we can sell CNC order on same day and you referred to support and closed the forum post ..if we cannot sell CNC or same order then i need to purchase it as MIS but again if i dont "square off" or will it get "Auto Squared off " which again will attract 20INR for it ... .

I never asked for help with python coding - i am trying to know what best practices other traders follow by that way i can save back-testing, avoid Firing orders like HFT.....
  • rakeshr
    @ZI4453
    Please do understand that this is not a support portal. This is a community-driven forum where developers help each other.We hang out here to support and grow the community.
    If you go through whole documentation, it will answer all your above query, so we always encourage beginners to go through the whole documentation first and understand the flow.
    will this tick (postback) data have orders, tradebook and balance ?I know this streams market depth in different modes. I am interested to know about the other data...
    *Orders processed for the day - Sample payload
    *tradebook:trades done for the day-Sample payload
    You need to understand Kite Connect API and Websocket Streaming is two different way to access data.
    Websocket Streaming can't give you whole order book/trade book list but only order update for the orders live during WebSocket running.You can refer order_update callback method here.
    To get whole order book data, you need to use retrieve order book APIs, refer to this documentation, it has sample response as well.
    *balance- available balance -Sample payload
    Websocket don't stream available balance.You need to use funds and margin APIs to fetch available margin for connected user, refer to this documentation, it has sample response as well.
    Your documentation(redirected to each other between (websocket<->postbacks) states that we need to decode text data..
    *what decode are we talking about ?
    *whats the format its streaming ?
    It's streamed in JSON format.As stated here in documentation, The WebSocket stream delivers postbacks and other updates in the text mode. These messages are JSON encoded and should be parsed on receipt. Refer this part of documentation.
    i also asked if we can sell CNC order on same day and you referred to support and closed the forum post ..if we cannot sell CNC or same order then i need to purchase it as MIS but again if i dont "square off" or will it get "Auto Squared off " which again will attract 20INR for it ... .
    As answered before, you can sell CNC order anytime you want(intraday, after delivery of shares,etc).Just, that if you sell it on intraday brokerage will be charged accordingly as intraday.
    You can again refer to this thread.
  • ZI4453
    You gave complete clarity - Thanks much @rakeshr .
    Please consider giving more trade flow approach to documentation instead of bookways..
    may be like this ->

Login Process->Read Account status ->start live feed->"Algo/Strategy(Devloper's codes)->Order management-
    if you alteast divide forum categories to "Block level " it will be easy for others to go through and find if their doubt has already been answered. like if some one needs Login assistance they can go to login section forum , if they need some help with orders they can refer order management section .
    Entire coding can be mostly divided as above login, Account status(balance,orders,trade book,strategies, Live data, Order management . This would help you also to manage queries faster and better..because when dev have a problem they would prefer to search in appropriate section.
  • sujith
    You can see the categories to the left side of the home page and there is a search bar on the top.
  • okalex
    good morning, how can we get real time updates of 'available fund' in our app, say after every successful trade? can someone spell out the python code please?