Finding underlying future and options

hitman1980
Is there a way to find out the futures and options available for a particular stock??
For example how can I find wht all futures contract and options strike price are available for a reliance or any other stock ...
  • sujith
    You get this data on the instrument dump, but you need to write your own filter.
  • hitman1980
    But there is no common id or field available which is same on futures and cash stock ..
    For example. Reliance has different instrument name and ID .. while reliance sep futures has different instrument name or id ..
    There is no common field on the instruments data ..
  • sujith
    The exchange value for futures is NFO and EQ is NSE.
  • tass21_
    Figured out. You can use 'name' column in instrument data for NFO instruments then match them with 'tradingsymbol' column in instrument data for EQ. This doesn't work for Index though
  • Gopikrishnan
    What's the solution for index? Example Name field for BANKNIFTY NFO's gets to "BANKNIFTY" where the corresponding Index(EQ) is "NIFTY BANK". If this mapping is corrected in the instrument dump it will be helpful.
  • kiteapi
    @Gopikrishnan its "NSE:NIFTY 50" for NIFTY50 index, so now you get the idea for other indices.
  • kiteapi
    +
    Also when you download NSE instruments csv file, filter the segment column for "INDICES" and exchange for "NSE", you will get all NSE INDICES
  • Gopikrishnan
    I am looking at a simpler lookup to be used in my program from any NFO instrument to get the corresponding underlying. If "Name" field is used it does not work for some of the NFO instruments where the mapping in "Name" field is not correct. Example for BANKNIFTY NFO's (BANKNIFTY20AUG19100CE) corresponding Name field is "BANKNIFTY" but the underlying listed is "NIFTY BANK". So the convention fails and lookup does not work consistently.
  • Gopikrishnan
    Gopikrishnan edited July 2020

An additional field for underlying with InstrumentToken as key would have been helpful
  • kiteapi
    Ah! I got what you are trying to do now. That fails only for Banknifty, others should be ok . Ya, we need to filter out and get the info.

BTW, the names/symbols are in line with exchanges names, that is why Banknifty when it comes to index naming its NIFTY BANK