KiteConnect Postback - Queries

rajesh_shig
Hi Traders - I have been trying to figure out Postback for couple od days, but no success.

1 - I have followed all the steps described here, https://kite.trade/forum/discussion/2172/kiteconnect-postback-example
2 - I have configured ngork to my local server
3 - I have made sure that I can receive dummy post request and it gets tunneled from ngork
4 - I have created a new API and registered the postback URL, my app name is Test-CP
5 - As soon as I save it, I receive an initial head request from Zerodha

When I post an order from the kite web, I don't receive any postback calls. The web order gets rejected as soon as I create it on the kite web, but don't receive any callbacks.

Questions: -
- Is Postback working for anyone?
- Will postback work with the orders placed on the kite web? https://kite.trade/forum/discussion/1794/postback-not-working-for-my-id. This link mentions that it will not work for web orders but documentation and other forum links contradict this information.
- How can we get technical support from Zerodha?
- Is Postback stable to be used in production clients? Based on the documentation it suggests postback is the way to go.

Thank you for all the help in advance.
  • rakeshr
    rakeshr edited February 2023
    @rajesh_shig
    When I post an order from the kite web, I don't receive any postback calls. The web order gets rejected as soon as I create it on the kite web, but don't receive any callbacks.
    You won't receive the first postback status of 'OPEN','COMPLETE','REJECTED' if order is placed from kite web interface. You receive the above status only if an order is placed from connect APIs.
    For the subsequent status of 'UPDATE','CANCEL', if you update/cancel a pending order from either kite web or APIs, you will receive a postback status. So, you won't be getting order initiation postback status for orders placed on kite web, but only from APIs.
    Is Postback working for anyone?
    Yes, postback is working perfectly fine. We just have re-checked it thoroughly.
    Is Postback stable to be used in production clients? Based on the documentation it suggests postback is the way to go.
    Yeah, postback is stable and you can use it for production.
    AMO orders are not reflecting in order updates
    You won't receive an order update for pending AMO orders.
  • sujith
    Hi @rajesh_shig,
    If you are doing this for personal use then you may also try order updates via Websockets.
  • rajesh_shig
    @rakeshr - This helps. I think we should update the Postback API documentation, it will be helpful for everyone.

Why don't we allow the Postback from the web orders or in fact from from all sources, whats the reason behind this? It limits usage of this great API.

@sujith @rakeshr Thank you for your help!!
  • sujith
    @rajesh_shig,
    This is because Postbacks were really developed for partner platforms like smallcase wherein they need postbacks for the orders that they have placed and not for every order that was placed on Kite.

If you are an individual user then you can use order updates via websockets.