Ticks stop after some time

kenip
Does anyone have any idea about this? Today I am observing that my feed is stopping very frequently and there are no errors as well.
Tagged:
  • krtrader
    Yes, around 2019-12-30 09:41:27 ticker was stopped multiple times.
    I am using Java client. it was not able to auto reconnect after that.
    seems there was some issue from kite end
  • HowUTrade
    @krtrader

To be precise, socket was disconnected 27 times during market hours.

@sujith

Pls kindly check this, it was not from client side, it's the kite server abruptly closing the socket connection.
    Same happened in last Monday also.
  • kenip
    @sujith It is happening even now. I raised the issue to zerodha support and they said no issue from our end.

Also, if you are charging us for this service then there should be some SLA for this.

@krtrader @HowUTrade what are you doing to address the issue? Are you reconnecting? Because kite has this wierd mechanism of taking a token and then restarting.
  • HowUTrade
    @sujith
    It's happening today also.
    Time of Disconnection
    09:22:32.923
    09:26:47.829

@krtrader
    Could you pls check whether you are getting disconnection at your side?

• HowUTrade
    @kenip

What a coincidence!

Yes, we are reconnecting the socket, but it is not a solution, websocket should not disconnect at first (at least this many times).

@sujith

Nothing has changed in our side, the same setup used for months without any issues.
    Also it is not due to client Network as disconnection happening on every network we use.(Ex Airtel, Jio etc)

• kenip
    @HowUTrade So you are monitoring the feed and if there's no activity on it..you are trying to reconnect?

Are you using Mac or Windows?
  • kenip
    I tried running from Mac, however the result is same. I don't know what is going on in Zerodha and no body cares to respond.
  • krtrader
    today also it was disconnected 3 times:
    2019-12-31 09:22:33
    2019-12-31 09:26:48
    2019-12-31 10:01:43
    2019-12-31 10:48:10

I have been running my system on AWS mumbai since many months. No code changed since last 5 months.

@sujith What is going on since last 3 days? are you guys on christmas leave?

• sujith
    I have asked the concerned team to take a look at this. We will update here about the follow-ups.
  • sujith
    @HowUTrade, @kenip,
    Are you running on AWS?
  • HowUTrade
    @sujith

We are running multiple systems on AWS, Linode, Digital Ocean and getting disconnection on all networks.
  • kenip
    @sujith
    I am not running on AWS. I run on a simple home pc. But I have never faced this issue earlier.
  • sujith
    This should be fixed now. There was some anomaly because of which this had happened. Let us know if you are still facing the issue.
  • kenip
    @sujith if you can explain the issue it would be great as we are s/w professionals.

However after your comments I have seen errors at
    2019-12-31 11:22:14,789
    2019-12-31 11:34:22,423
    2019-12-31 11:42:46,549
    2019-12-31 11:48:02,865
    2019-12-31 11:55:25,247

• sujith
    The fix was deployed just 30 minutes before. The above timestamp seems like it happened before the deployment.
  • kenip
    @sujith what was the fix?
  • HowUTrade
    @sujith

The last disconnection was at 11:59:38.001.
    After that no disconnection so far.

If any issues, will update here.
    @kenip @krtrader
  • krtrader
    krtrader edited December 2019
    The issue seems resolved after 11:59:38

This issue should have been detected from kite end on Monday itself. @sujith You should have alert system for such issues.
    It was api user who has detected the issue. Even after reporting this issue you guys took more than one day just to act on it.
  • kenip
    @krtrader @HowUTrade We should be thankful to Zerodha that they resolved the problem on reporting. This is why Foreign companies are so successful and keep on expanding their footprint because they understand what's the importance of a customer. Indian companies simply don't care and the kind of growth Zerodha is having either they don't have resources or they don't have enough systems in place to handle such a thing.

I actually raised a complaint to [email protected] and they said there is no problem at our end and instead of looking they redirected me to this forum and also said we don't provide Tech support for this. This is the QoS.

Sorry @sujith if you felt bad but that is a bitter truth.
  • sujith
    Hey @kenip nothing to feel bad about. You pointed out an inefficiency, and we'll work towards fixing it. :)

That said, we do have an alert system to spot issues that affect our users. However, this particular issue was only for a very small set of users (<0.5%) of API users. (Note API <0.5% of API users and not <i class="Italic">all users.)

Even yesterday, when you reported this here, we immediately checked our analytics and didn't see anything irregular. However, since you insisted that the issue was persistent today, we looked deeper and figured that this disconnection was happening only for users with >3000 instruments subscribed and fixed it.

These are multiple layered complex systems which are connected with different vendors. The issue can happen anywhere. While everything may seem rather straightforward for end-users, that definitely isn't the case. Any system is bound to have edge-cases that need to be addressed as and when they are spotted. This was one such instance.

Coming to support, we take all technical queries (like this one) pertaining to Kite Connect on this forum because a support executive will not have the technical knowledge to answer these. This also ensures that other developers with similar issues are informed of fixes, or, if it's an implementation issue, everyone is informed of the best practices.
  • krtrader
    Thanks @sujith Happy new year and ave a great party today :)
  • HowUTrade
    @kenip

Yes, We are always thankful to Zerodha for their innovative ideas and customer care.
    We understand that the software issues are part of the game, given the huge client base of Zerodha, the issues are very negligible compare to others.

We tried many other API's, but nothing can stand near Kite API.
    And without API, we are nothing.

@sujith

Happy New Year 2020!
  • kenip
    @sujith Can you check more because I don't subscribe for 3000 tokens?
  • krtrader
    @HowUTrade agree

tried couple of broker APIs. No match of Kite API