Market order with stop loss

prasad_n_k
Hi,

How to put market order with stop loss in stocks. Trying to find the way for a while but not successful. Please help. .NET example would be really helpful.
Tagged:
  • sujith
    You can check out the example here.
    You need to use SLM order type and send the trigger price for the order.
  • prasad_n_k
    Thanks Sujith for the reply. Unfortunately the examples given does not have example for ORDER_TYPE_SLM. Can you add the example in that code for SLM or give an example here so that I will have the information on which exact parameter should I pass for such orders. It would help the community as well.
  • prasad_n_k
    Just to add to above question, do I have to place two different orders.. one for the buy market order of the stock and other for stop loss market order for the stock or both the request can be combined in one call ?

Scenario is, lets say if the stock reach Rs 100, I want to buy it at market value, so the stock may get bought at 100.05 ( which is fine for me ) and once it is bought, I want to put the stop loss immediately of lets say Rs 2 so my stop loss order should get triggered at Market value when the stock price reaches Rs 98.
  • prasad_n_k
    Can anyone reply to my query ?
  • rakeshr
    @prasad_n_k
    do I have to place two different orders.. one for the buy market order of the stock and other for stop loss market order for the stock or both the request can be combined in one call ?
    For intraday order, you can use BO or CO order, which has both buy and stop-loss combined.
    But for normal/carry forward order, you need to place two order of market buy and then SL/SLM selling.
  • prasad_n_k
    Thanks Rakesh, my query was for intraday order and looks like CO order will give me what I was looking for. You can close this thread
This discussion has been closed.