Kite Connect API showing Maximum allowed order requests exceeded

Krackmind
I have gone through the support link. It specifies that rate limits to be 10/sec. My trading strategy should not have crossed this limit. In my Kite mobile app, i can see that i have placed 43 orders in total, and have some open positions. Right now even using the mobile app, i am not able to exit from the positions(Getting the same error). Not sure what happened here. I read somewhere in the forum that placing 1 quantity orders can be flagged by RMS, which is case with me right now since i am only starting out with writing the code. Any leads here would be helpful.
  • sujith
    It seems like you have placed more than 12.7k orders, out of which only 43 are valid orders which are actually placed at OMS. The rest of them are not valid order requests which won't show up on orderbook.

You need to avoid doing this, maybe by placing an order only when it is necessary while testing as well.

You can exit your positions for the day.
  • Krackmind
    Thanks Sujith. i was not aware that invalid order(s) are also counted towards rate limit. After doing an RCA, i did find out that my code was trying to place limit order above upper circuit.

Thank you for enabling to exit the positions.
This discussion has been closed.