Uncaught NetworkException (503) 'Could not resolve host: api.kite.trade'

dakshhmehta
I am recently developing the API, and it was working all good since yesterday. Since about 24 hours now, it is getting the error as I mentioned in the subject line.

This error I am getting when generating the access token from request token and API secret.

I have checked the kite.trade docs Exception section, and as per the documentation, It happens when API is down. However, My other scripts are working all good, how is that possible?

Regards,
Daksh
  • Vivek
    This seems like your DNS issue at your end. You can try curl on `kite.zerodha.com` or any other site and verify this.
  • dakshhmehta
    I have already checked that doing a ping, but other sites work fine. So, I contacted the GoDaddy support and they say its API error. what is exact way of finding what is the actual issue?
  • sujith
    Are you using any kind of proxy or VPN?
  • dakshhmehta
    Not that I am aware of, Its just shared GoDaddy hosting. Also, i went on terminal available in cPanel and ping do not respond. When I contacted them to check for blacklisting of IP or anything, its clean from their side.

Is it because cloudflare have blocked the IP or something as kite API is behind the cloudflare firewall.
  • sujith
    Can you private message your IP? We will check and get back to you.