CDSL pin - Impact on sell orders

ramzh

Can you please explain the impact on CNC Sell orders via Kite API ?

Below are the questions:
1. Is this PIN required only for CNC sell orders ?
2. As per the email i received from Zerodha, the Authorisation is valid for 90 days. Once I Authorise using the CDSL pin its valid for 90 days and user will not be asked to authorise on every sell order for the next 90 days.
3. What is the Impact on the performing CNC sell order via Kite API ? I hope it will continue to work or there is a workaround using the APIs.

Please give an elaborate response.
  • sujith
    @ramzh,
    You may take a look at the z-connect blog post to know the context of this whole authorisation process.
  • ramzh
    @sujith, i've already gone through the document you shared.. That explains the Authorisation process. I wanted to understand the impact on the API.

@rakeshr: I have gone through the document you sent... Let me try it via the API and get back to you on this.
    please keep this thread open till then. Thanks.
  • sujith
    @ramzh,
    You will receive 428 while doing CNC sell. The order won't go through.
  • sameeer
    sameeer edited May 2020
    @sujith if CNC sell order fails with 428, how to automate cnc sell?

Are u planning to introduce cdsl pin field in kite order api?
    Or
    Is power of attorney only way to fully automate cnc delivery sell?
  • sujith
    @sameer,
    You need to pre-authorise holdings in that case or submit the POA.
    If you pre-authorise then you won't see 428.
  • sameeer
    sameeer edited June 2020
    @sujith
    1) is pre-authorize valid for 90 days ?

2) Also, I guess there won't be any issue if I pre authorize same stocks multiple times as people will try to pre-authorize all stocks in current portfolio some of which may have already been pre-authorized
  • sujith
    Yes, pre-authorisation is valid for 90 days.

Yes, once you authorise your holdings you don't have to worry about your algorithm flow. If there are any un-authorised quantity then only 428 will be thrown otherwise everything works as usual.

There won't be an issue if you authorise your holdings multiple times.
  • QY0510
    I am sorry, but I didn't exactly understand how to perform 'pre-authorisation' so that I can place sell orders on my holding using API.
  • sujith
    Now, the authorisation is valid only for 1 day since the regulation has changed. You can go to kite web or app and do it from holdings screen. Or you can refer to this and implement something at your end.
    Please note that all the client libraries doesn't support initiating holdings auth for now. We will include it in future release but client libraries will have a method till generating request_id, post that you will have build and open url on browser or webview.