kiteconnect.exceptions.GeneralException: Route not found

hasija0512
Hi,

While modifying an existing order, I am getting the below error:

File "G:\Downloads\AlgoTrading\Live Trades\Kite_API_v5.5.py", line 242, in on_ticks
kite.modify_order(variety="co",order_id=orderid, parent_order_id=parent_order_id, trigger_price=slv2, order_type="LIMIT")
File "C:\Users\pc\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38-32\lib\site-packages\kiteconnect\connect.py", line 366, in modify_order
return self._put("order.modify", params)["order_id"]
File "C:\Users\pc\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38-32\lib\site-packages\kiteconnect\connect.py", line 825, in _put
return self._request(route, "PUT", params)
File "C:\Users\pc\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38-32\lib\site-packages\kiteconnect\connect.py", line 886, in _request
raise exp(data["message"], code=r.status_code)
kiteconnect.exceptions.GeneralException: Route not found

Can somebody have a look and let me know what's the issue here?
  • sujith
    Is this intermittent or consistent?
    Can you let us know more about this? Are you sure you are sending the right order id? Can you run in debug mode and print the exact params you are sending?
  • hasija0512
    I believe I was trying to modify a "COMPLETE" order. I have now checked the status of the order before doing any modification, it ran fine. Although a new error came after sometime while fetching the orders by executing the command "kite.orders()"

requests.exceptions.ReadTimeout: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='api.kite.trade', port=443): Read timed out. (read timeout=7)

Any specific reason for this error?
This discussion has been closed.