Order modification is not updating. via python client app

rajagopal
Hi Team,

I place an sl order via - API on nifty futures. I tried to modify the same based on my logic. modification request is placed but it's not reflecting the price.

in history, I could see all the request that is sent from my system to Kite.

if i modify via kite-UI it's reflecting.

Can you take this high priority?

'guid': '12974XeRzLGoYAksnW'

Code:
try:
or_id= kite.modify_order(
variety=kite.VARIETY_REGULAR,
order_id=order_id,
price=price)
  • sujith
    You can check the reason for not modifying in the status_message field of the order response.
  • rajagopal
    Hi Sujith,
    I am not getting any errors.
    the modification request is updated in Kite. I can see the modification request in Kite-UI. and if I request the kite.order_history(order_id) call. my trigger prices are not updated.
  • sujith
    A 200 for order modification doesn't confirm the order modification, it confirms that the order modification request is successful but the order might only get modified if all the RMS and OMS conditions are met.
    You can check the status_message field to know the details if the field is not modified.
  • rajagopal
    Since its a SL-M order i need to pass the 'trigger_price' insteed of Price.
    try:
    or_id= kite.modify_order(
    variety=kite.VARIETY_REGULAR,
    order_id=order_id,
    price=price)
  • rakeshr
    You need to send price for trigger_price field, as you want to modify pending trigger order not price. You can go through this documentation to understand all order params.
  • rajagopal
    Thanks Rakesh... I did that.

One quick question. I believe we can pass both trigger_price and price. if so, will this order will be submitted to exchange?? or Zerodha will wait for trigger price and then submit to exchange? how does this work?
  • sujith
    All the regular orders are sent to the exchange. The exchange maintains active and passive orderbook.
  • rajagopal
    oh ok.. so the exchange triggers the order triggers price. Not Zerodha is my understanding correct?