getQuotes without access token

Sum
Hi, I have a requirement where I need to poll for market quotes for a list of instruments on my server side. This is not for a specific user of the app but to enable certain features across users. Is there a way to get quotes without an access token the way we can get the list of instruments?

I'm using web-sockets option in the context individual user on browser but this requirement can't use that. Thanks!

PS: I'm using phpkiteconnect library
  • rakeshr
    Is there a way to get quotes without an access token ?
    Not possible. As, authentication is required to access API endpoints.
    This is not for a specific user of the app but to enable certain features across users.
    Not permissible by an exchange. Can have look to a similar thread.
  • Sum
    @rakeshr Thanks for responding. I was thinking of some options and realised that best would be to use self account to get the data and then proceed with the rest of the logic (not exposing data to end users but generating some triggers based on it). The problem is, I would like to do this on server and php client doesn't support websocket out of the box. Would it be possible to support it or is it not a good idea for some reason?
    Thanks again!
  • rakeshr
    (not exposing data to end users but generating some triggers based on it)
    Not sure about this on the compliance part. Can you write to kiteconnect(at)zerodha.com with a describing your usage?
    The problem is, I would like to do this on server and php client doesn't support websocket out of the box. Would it be possible to support it or is it not a good idea for some reason?
    Yes, PHP client doesn't support WebSocket streaming. Neither adding this is on our list. Either you can use an open-source PHP WebSocket client to do this that at your end or shift to another language that supports websocket streaming out of the box.
  • Sum
    Ok Thanks! I'll write to kiteconnect describing our usage.
This discussion has been closed.