Regarding Margin and other general configuration

kuldeepchp
Hi Kite team,

I have some general queries related to margin and configuration.

1. Does zerodha allows switching position in F&O and other segment as well, without additional margin.
For example I have 100 rs. In my account and I SELL 10 stocks at 10 rs. I.e. (10 * 10 = 100) so I used my full available margin at this point. At some point I want to switch position SELL to BUY so I need to BUY 20 stocks. So does zerodha allows such kind of situation as single order (BUY 20 stocks) or do I need to split order and place in two part.(first 10 is clear of position, next 10 as new BUY order).

2. Is there any domain name association is mandatory to use KiteApi, or I can use directly from remote machine.

3. If domain Name is mandatory then, is there any ssl certificate is required if yes can I use self sign certificate or I need to buy trusted ssl certificate like Comodo.

4. And also how many instance i can run for the KiteConnect+KiteTicker api, like can i use 2 parallel kiteTicker+kiteConnect api for same public tocken.

looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you!!
Tagged:
  • rakeshr
    @kuldeepchp
    I need to split order and place in two part.(first 10 is clear of position, next 10 as new BUY order).
    By 10 stocks, you meant 10 different trading instruments/symbol or 10 Quantity of same instrument?
    As of now, you need to split the order and place it in 2 parts.
    Is there any domain name association is mandatory to use KiteApi, or I can use directly from a remote machine.
    You can use it from your remote machine.
    And also how many instances i can run for the KiteConnect+KiteTicker API, like can I use 2 parallel kiteTicker+kiteConnect api for same public token.
    Yes, you can run multiple instances, just make sure you are not exceeding the API rate limit and Websocket limit of max 3000 instruments(per Websocket connection).
  • kuldeepchp
    kuldeepchp edited September 2020
    @rakeshr Thanks for you response.
    By 10 stocks, you meant 10 different trading instruments/symbol or 10 Quantity of same instrument? : Same stock only 10 quantity.

My query is specially related to Bank Nifty Future, suppose i have 1.5Lack in my account and i sell 1 Lot (NRML odr) of BankNifty Future (todays margin is ₹1,17,970.00), and some point i want to change position (SELL to BUY) so i need to BUY 2 lot, so can i buy 2 lot as single order or i need to place 2 separate BUY order (all orders are NRML).
  • rakeshr
    @kuldeepchp
    so i need to BUY 2 lot, so can i buy 2 lot as single order or i need to place 2 separate BUY order (all orders are NRML).
    If product and variety is same, than you can place single order of 2 lots.
  • kuldeepchp
    @rakeshr thank you for clarifying.
This discussion has been closed.