Historical OHLC for expired NFO contracts

arkochhar
Can someone tell me if Zerodha API provides historical OHLC data for option (NFO) contracts which have expired and if yes, what is the earliest date that it can be retrieved from and in what interval such data is provided?
  • sujith
    Hi,
    We only have historical data for future contracts and it is available for day interval.
    We have 2 years of continuous chart data for future contracts.
  • arkochhar
    @sujith I am interested in historical data for option contracts (both index and stocks options) only. So if my understanding is correct, you provide option historical data for contracts which are current, that is, contracts that haven't expired yet? And that these are provided in same intervals as index/stock historical data?

Is there a road map that we will ever be able to get historical data for option contracts that have expired?
  • sujith
    Yes, you can get data for options contracts in all intervals for the instruments that are not expired.

We will provide historical data for expired options contracts in future.
  • cnavani
    Hello Sujith, is this feature available now? i.e. "historical data for expired options contracts"
  • rakeshr
    is this feature available now? i.e. "historical data for expired options contracts"
    No. This is not on our list for the future as well.