"429: Too many connections" in a fresh app

theLufenk
Right of the bat, the 3 connections rate limit hit us pretty hard, causing most of our systems to become dis-functional over the last week or so.

Nevertheless, we went ahead and decided to create and pay for new kite apps since the streaming market data is indispensable to us.

So, we now have two apps (using the same client ID).

However, even with the new app and a brand new Access Token, we are not able to open a new websocket connection. The very first attempt to test it through a new connection via the chrome dev console resulted in the same dreadful 429 response.

Browsing through the forums, it is evident that quite a few people are facing similar issue.

Could you please clarify if there is something we could be doing wrong, or is it an issue that has cropped up because of some buggy logic you guys pushed while enforcing the 3-connections rate limit recently. If latter, when can we expect a resolution.

Thanks.
  • theLufenk
    Follow Up:

As suspected, using a different Client ID did the trick.

@sujith @rakeshr
    So just to be sure of what this implies, is your new rate limit of max 3 connections applicable per `api key` or per `Client ID`?
  • sujith
    The cap on the number of websocket connections is based on the api_key.
  • indiatechpython
    Dear Sujith - I'm getting the same error even after market hour... in fact i'm running from my local machine and after restarting the machine and editor also still getting same error message (Connection error: 1006 - connection was closed uncleanly (WebSocket connection upgrade failed (429 - TooManyRequests)))
    Is there a way to check the number of connection
  • theLufenk
    @sujith
    Thanks for the clarification.

So it would be right to assume there is some error on Zerodha's part that's resulting in this issue ?

Could you please raise internal tickets with your tech team regarding the same, if there isn't one already !

• sujith
    @indiatechpython,
    Let us know during the market hours when this is happening, we will check and get back to you.

@theLufenk,
    While we strive every day to provide the best-in-class service for the Kite Connect community, it is very discouraging to see the passive-aggressive comments on the forum. This is not a support portal. We are all developers like you who hangout to help fellow community members. We strongly urge not to repeat this. If this continues, we will be forced to ban the user.
  • theLufenk
    @sujith
    I seem to have offended you for some reason. That was not the intention at all. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.