POSTBACK not received every time.

devarajh
devarajh edited October 2020 in PHP client
Dear Team,

I am using the same postback mechanism for 6 months almost.
It is observed that many times, a postback is not received on one or another day.
It's completely random to miss the postback.

I checked with ISP and there is no blockage observed.

Kindly suggest how to get rid of this issue.

Is it the case that kite app fails some times to send the postback

Few timestamps where postback was expected after order completion and not received.
1. 2020-09-18 12:22:48
2. 2020-09-18 14:20:30

Today's case:
2020-10-12 12:04:34
at this timestamp 1 order got completed but the postback was not received.
While for the other 10 orders it worked fine.

Kindly guide.
Tagged:
  • sujith
    Hi @devarajh,
    We can see that there was a time out at 2020-10-12 12:04, you need to receive and respond to the request. Are you doing any processing in that thread itself?
    Since your system didn't respond in time, it was considered a timeout.
  • devarajh
    Hi @sujith,

Thanks a ton for the reply.
    Respond to the request? is it the checksum verification you are talking about?
    Or anything special response is expected.

Kindly guide what type of response to the request is expected.

Again, Thank you very much. it helps and motivates.
  • sujith
    @devarajh,
    You just need to return 200 status. You can do your processing after you return.
  • kavanlimbasiya
    kavanlimbasiya edited July 2021
    I faced the similar issue. This order id 210716400129406 was executed today at 10:25 AM. But I did not receive the postback. I have been running these mechanism for quite some time without issues. Even today I received postback for other orders except this. Can u tell why randomly this particular postback was not received? The order was put by algo only. Post back was not received for 10:25:39 time stamp today. I double checked, the postback is not available even in the postback URL log.
  • kavanlimbasiya
    The order was put by algo only
  • sujith
    Can you give us today's order id? We will ask the team to take a look and get back to us.
  • sujith
    And you are not doing any processing there, right? You need to send back 200 response before you start processing.