Testing order placement post market hours

sujith
sujith edited May 2020 in General
Hi Traders,
Since order placements are blocked at our end after market hours. A few of the users had concerns about their testing setup. So we have decided to allow the ICICIBANK instrument to place orders post market hours.
Thank you,
Sujith
  • vaibhavgandhi
    mock tickdata also will be fetched for ICICIBANK afetr market hours for making intraday strategy ?
  • sujith
    We don't have mock data. You can use historical data for backtesting or you can record ticks at your end and simulate it.
  • vidhyaramkumar
    Do we have any script enabled from NFO also?
  • nakrj
    @sujith Can you enable an instrument each on NFO,MCX,CDS segment just like you have done for ICICIBANK in Cash segment ? It would be helpful for testing code at our end.
  • pranksterguru
    @sujith do we also get order updates for icici ?
  • pranksterguru
    i tested it today with icicibank nse. it doesnt send postbacks after market hour. please fix it.
  • rakeshr
    We re-checked the same today post-market and the postback order update was received fine. Can you please let us know the exact time when you checked?
  • nkr
    nkr edited January 2021
    Hi @sujith @rakeshr , I am checking at 10:05 PM and I am not receiving postbacks for ICICIBANK. However postback works fine during market hours.

OrderParams orderParams = new OrderParams();
    orderParams.quantity = 2;
    orderParams.orderType = Constants.ORDER_TYPE_MARKET;
    orderParams.tradingsymbol = "ICICIBANK";
    orderParams.exchange = Constants.EXCHANGE_NSE;
    orderParams.transactionType = Constants.TRANSACTION_TYPE_BUY;
    orderParams.validity = Constants.VALIDITY_DAY;
    orderParams.product = Constants.PRODUCT_MIS;

Tried placing it as Constants.VARIETY_AMO as well as Constants.VARIETY_REGULAR but didnt work
  • pranksterguru
    i tried. it didnt work for me too.
  • nakrj
    @rakeshr Can you enable an instrument each on NFO,MCX,CDS segment just like you have done for ICICIBANK in Cash segment ? It would be helpful for testing code at our end.
  • nkr
    It's working now. Thanks
  • sujith
    @pranksterguru,
    Did you place order from Kite web or API?
    Can you paste the params here?
  • nkr
    nkr edited January 2021
    Hi, As I mentioned earlier that it is working for me, now I noticed that it works occasionally fine but rest of the time its giving issue. Here what's am getting today as json response from the server. Its not working as on 6:53 PM 14th Jan 2020.

{"data":null,"error_type":"InputException","message":"Markets are closed right now. Use GTT for placing long standing orders instead. [Read more.](https://support.zerodha.com/category/trading-and-markets/gtt/articles/what-is-the-good-till-triggered-gtt-feature)","status":"error"}

I am guessing for ICICIBANK, the response should be order rejected ?
  • sujith
    This is our mini RMS rejection wherein place order request fails, you will not see this order on orderbook, you need to handle this in code. Postbacks are only received if you get 200 for place order request.
  • nkr
    But ICICIBANK order should pass through your mini RMS (as you have allowed it for testing) and I should get order rejected message.
  • sujith
    @nkr,
    I think the rule got reset. I have asked the team to take a look at this.