Basket Orders

omtechnologies
How do we place basket orders ?

So our software generates intraday calls and on high momentum days, there can be plenty per sec. So instead of making time and again order placement, we can preffrably create basket at our end and place orders at once.

Also, there are situations like we need to place a Future buy order with corresponding Put buy in option and Call sell in option etc. and then their are strategies like Iron Condor, Butterfly etc where multi legged order is needed.

Sometimes for pair trading strategy and rollover we need to place multi-leg orders

So all in all, how can we place basket order in securities with same or different underlying.

Thanks & Regards,
U.S. Goel
Om Technologies
  • sujith
    You can know more about the Kite Publisher here.
  • omtechnologies
    @sujith thanks for reply. We are already using Kite Connect and not planning to use Kite publisher. My query is regarding basket order via Kite connect api.
  • Dileep
    @sujith Do we need to mention "variety": "Basket" " while placing the basket order ?
  • rakeshr
    @omtechnologies
    So all in all, how can we place basket order in securities with same or different underlying.
    Currently, you need to handle basket order formation/execution at your end. We currently, don't have this specific API endpoint(except publisher), which accepts and places a list of orders.
    Also, there are situations like we need to place a Future buy order with corresponding Put buy in option and Call sell in option etc. and then their are strategies like Iron Condor, Butterfly etc where multi legged order is needed.
    You can use Basket margin API to know the hedging benefits.
  • omtechnologies
    @rakeshr Thanks for reply. 1 major problem i see without baskets is in the intraday squareoff. Our software generates say 50 calls out of which 40 are say not met with target or stop loss till 3:20 the squareoff timings..

Currently when trading with Kite, we can select all the positions, and then click exit which helps us exit all the positions at market rate.

But without basket we will have to place order request by calling api again and again via loop so i guess your restriction of api per second limit may get violated..

Kindly advice.
  • sujith
    @omtechnologies,
    You can make up to 200 write requests per minute. Even if we provide bulk API, we still have to place individual order at the OMS and the error handling becomes difficult.
    We would suggest placing market order in the loop for exiting positions.
  • sujith
    The script you are writing is for personal use or you are intending to give it to mass?
  • omtechnologies
    @sujith Thanks for quick response. We are intending to create software for mass usage.
    Even if we have 200 write per minute we will atleast need it per client id basis as say even with 100 active clients using software, 200 writes would become meaningless at square off time.

• sujith
    @omtechnologies,
    All the rate limits are based on api_key. I would suggest speaking to compliance before developing the platform.
    You can write to kiteconnect(at)zerodha.com with product details.
  • Dileep
    Hi @sujith i will implement for loop to place multiple orders.But here i want to know "what is the maximum allowed quantity(Freeze quantity) So that i can loop.
  • omtechnologies
    @Dileep thanks for support. Look forward to the basket implementation..
  • sujith
    @Dileep,
    You can make up to 200 write requests per minute.