error code

sharwan
when i run this python code its giving me error code

• sujith
    You can refer to the FAQs here.
  • sharwan
    i did found a thread related to my problem but couldnt understand the solution, please help me if you can
  • rakeshr
    @sharwan
    You shouldn't place any order inside on_tick thread. Use multi-thread and place an order on another thread.
  • sharwan
    @rakeshr thanks for replying , can you give me an example code for it , im not too familiar with python
  • sharwan
    @rakeshr thanks man for replying again, i went through the thread a couple of times but couldn't understand where to put this code

• nkodela
    I am getting a similar error. I am not placing any orders in the on_ticks function. But still unable to solve the issue.

@sujith @rakeshr
  • rakeshr
    @nkodela
    I am not placing any orders in the on_ticks function
    No, you are calling the method that uses historical data APIs and places order(strategy_check) inside on_ticks thread only.
    @sharwan
    We don't help in coding your strategy, we can help you in understanding the flow/logic. The coding part, you will have to do this at your end.
  • nkodela
    I need the LTP from the on_ticks function to place the stop-loss order. that is the reason I am taking last_price and proceeding to place orders. I don't need the tick data for the Buy order, but for checking stop loss continuously, I need the tick data.
    If I don't call any function in the on_ticks function, then how can I make use of the live ticks for placing the stop loss or target order.

• sharwan
    @rakeshr i get your point, but please can you telll me where im going wrong, i'm just starting out i dunno who to ask