Open Interest Difference

sumanth1215
Hi, Is there any difference between the Open interest values that we see in the NSE option chain data and the open interest data that we receive from the KITE API.
  • sujith
    NSE website shows the number of lots for open interest whereas Kite Connect gives the number of units.
  • sumanth1215
    sumanth1215 edited May 2021
    @sujith Thanks for your reply. I am aware of it. I knew that the data in NSE website is delayed. So the OI data which we get from Kite API is also delayed ? I am assuming that KITE API provides live data but when it comes to OI I am noticing the same values in both NSE website and KITE API. So can you please clarify ? The data which we get from KITE API is latest when compare to NSE website ?
  • rakeshr
    So the OI data which we get from Kite API is also delayed ?
    No, it's a real-time feed from the exchange.
    when it comes to OI I am noticing the same values in both the NSE website and KITE API. So can you please clarify?
    Yes, OI can be the same value on both Kite and NSE for some time, if the OI hasn't changed(no new contracts added in the last few minutes). Theoretically, this can happen. I guess this won't be the same throughout the day. Did you saw this same throughout the day?
    The data which we get from KITE API is latest when compare to NSE website?
    Yes, we stream real-time feeds.
  • sumanth1215
    @rakeshr I have compared the values of kite API with the NSE website quite few times and it has matched all the times so I was just wondering if both are same. anyway thanks for the reply.
  • sumanth1215
    @rakeshr you can close this thread. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.