Response time for API

Chetan_Bonde
I would like to know the response time for full type quote of 100 stock at a time.
If i use get quote of 100 stock then how will it take time to process that and show me same data?
And how to exit trade from trade using timestamp?
  • rakeshr
    If i use get quote of 100 stock then how will it take time to process that and show me same data?
    It is difficult to derive at a fixed number, depends a lot on your hardware and network setup as well. You can go throught this thread to understand feedback from other users as well.
    And how to exit trade from trade using timestamp?
    You need to place counter order for the required order.
  • Chetan_Bonde
    Thanks for rply
    I need avg time for getting get full quote of 100 stock.
  • sujith
    @Chetan_Bonde,
    It is difficult to give a number. It depends on various factors as mentioned by @rakeshr. It can be less than a second or more than that. If you feel that is not up to mark then you can use Websockets API.

PS: Please note that Kite Connect is not for latency-based trading. You can opt for colo setup at the exchange if you are doing latency-based trading. The setup costs above 18 lakhs/annum. We can help you out in setting it up.
  • ramatius
    We are using the websocket streaming method and get about 2-3 responses per second for 300+ symbols. But each response may have only a subset of symbols, anywhere between 20 to 300. This has been running for couple of years now.

Regards,
    Ramakrishnan S
    quantindia.in
  • Chetan_Bonde
    Got it sir
    It will take sec or less than that to get 100 stock full quote in one go.