Historical data is wrong.

muke5hy
Hi,
I was trying to get historical data I found out that for BURGER KING NSE instrument is 382465, but when we try to fetch the last 60 days of data we do not get anything.

Upon investigation, I found that the data is from 2015 to 2017 even though BURGER KING wasn't listed in that period.

1. Please fix the issue, also let me know if I can trust the data.
2. Is there any way I can find if there is any issue in the data?
  • rakeshr
    We just checked for instrument_token=382465(BURGER KING NSE), and can see that we have intraday and day candle data for 2015-02-02 to 2017-09-13 and then from 2020-12-14(IPO listing date) to present. Seems like token=382465 was assigned to some other instrument during the above period of 2015-02-02 to 2017-09-13. We are checking on this. I Will update here, as we find more on this.
    also let me know if I can trust the data.
    Yes, you can trust our data. There are already 100s of people using the same as historical APIs and lakhs of people using on kite web chart. There can be few out of box discrepancy as above, our user can always highlight it, and we will try to fix as soon as possible.
  • sujith
    @muke5hy,
    The exchange reuses the expired tokens, it is quite possible that an instrument token is reused for some other instrument. It is only unique for the day in the instruments master. Users are requested to fetch the instruments master every day. If you are dumping historical data then we would suggest you use a combination of exchange:tradingsymbol as the primary key.
  • muke5hy
    muke5hy edited May 2021
    @rakeshr I can understand that exchange reassigns the token, but in `historical_data ` We pass intrument_token I got from instrument API on the same day.

@sujith historical_data accepts only intruments_token and I used the latest instrument.