Basket Order placement via api

anudeepsharma
When can we expect this api? Placing orders just to reduce margin is cumbersome due to OI restrictions and slow Orbis migration.

Atleast placing an order by basket order api will save some time otherwise wasted in latency.
  • rakeshr
    rakeshr edited May 2021
    When can we expect this api?
    You can place the orders in the loop for that. UI basket order is just wrapper over this.
    Atleast placing an order by basket order api will save some time otherwise wasted in latency.
    Kite Connect API is not a feasible solution to do HFT. These are meant for retail clients, like our kite web. If you are concerned about minute latency, you can go for a premium setup, you can get a colo setup at the exchange, we can help you with that. The setup costs more than 18 lakhs per annum and for that, you can email kiteconnect(at)zerodha.com if you intend to get one.
  • anudeepsharma
    I didn't get your response. Is there any possibility of gettting basket order placement api?

What this api does is not HFT and thats not expected either. I need to buy options that are restricted by zerodha unless you have existing short position.

Only a trader can understand why i need this api as few seconds wasted in loop amounts to huge price difference in crucial setups that are bound to move fast.
  • sujith
    The basket feature provided on the Kite app and Kite web is just a UI wrapper. The order placement still goes through in a loop, since OMS doesn't have bulk order placement APIs. We don't have any plans of providing baskets feature on Kite Connect as of now.
    You can maintain the list at your end and place orders in a loop that is what our frontend apps do.
This discussion has been closed.